Intel Or Amd?

Hi guys, thank you for all these information. Whit the 64bit tip, the revelation of the different numbers for the same videocards and the mystery of the overclock revealed, I feel I can already talk about computers.

Just out of curiosity I searched for every single piece on internet (the parts I had chosen for the AMD). The total amount was the same of the one I would buy on the web site... without the case. But maybe there

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off you can build it yourself no problem and if you need any help feel free to ask.

You could buy your parts from places such as Newegg, tigerdirect, tankguys(for i7) just shop around see what's cheapest.

Also just out of curiosity where were you gonna buy the prebuilt?

Hi buddy like you I was once worried about building up a PC however after the warranty was about to run out I didn't want to buy the shops own priced parts & pay their rip-off prices to get them fitted as I thought that I had read enough to upgrade it myself. Also I could shop around on the internet for a better price.

That was it I had the bug now :lol:

The next PC I decided that I was going to build for myself as I could have a PC with only the parts that I wanted & it was cheaper to.I then spent a good few weeks reading various reviews about the components in some magazines & on the net.When I had an idea what I wanted I then shopped around.

Had a few teething problems i.e. sent the wrong parts & forgot to order a graphics card. But in the end it was worth it & I have now built/upgraded 3 PC's now with less hassle.

So don't be afraid about building your own PC & there are plenty of books/websites to help you :)

As for AMD or Intel I am having the same problem as I have a very tight budget & I have been planning on build one for months.Unfortunately the prices keep going up/down & components are constantly upgraded & made obsolete :(

Good luck with your build.

I wouldn't worry too much about building a computer for the first time. If you can follow directions well, you should be A-ok. Hell, I even have a guide :) (see my signature)

Most computer "wires" have special connectors that allow them to only be connected in one orientation (the same is true with the PCI slots, memory slots, and even your processor socket to some extent - there's a little triangle to show you that). If it doesn't fit, don't force it, it's probably the wrong orientation ;).

:thumbs-up:

I found an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 for $540 at newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115130

Is that a good one? It has very good reviews. They have these combo offers of the CPU + motherboard, or + power supply..

I need some directions before I buy anything

Thank you

:)

Well i cant get to Newegg so i wont be able to give you exact names or prices but i dont think your gonna need that CPU maybe a q6600

As for MOBO maybe a rampage or a DFI board

As for PSU maybe a corsair 750watt

For the GPU what kind of games will you play if any?

Hehe, building a computer isn't just easy & money saving, it's fun as hell.

I just turned 14 yet I got along pretty well. Sure, I was nervous at the beginning, but by the time I put the motherboard in the case I was over it.

Well i cant get to Newegg so i wont be able to give you exact names or prices but i dont think your gonna need that CPU maybe a q6600

As for MOBO maybe a rampage or a DFI board

As for PSU maybe a corsair 750watt

For the GPU what kind of games will you play if any?

I wouldn't really recommend a DFI for a first time builder....way too much going on there if you ask me. Good PSU though, and Rampages are beautiful from what I hear.