Intel Or Amd?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i7 is ddr3. You've got to go with a 3 stick set as well.

Oh... are you talking about the memory? So I can only put 3 GB and not 4?

One more thing, does the ASUS P6T support EFI? I want to install OSX Mac on it. If it doean't, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!!

;)

Edited by Squinzianera

• 1 month later...

that cool , my old pc it s amd 6000+ this is my fist intel

my new baby it s i7920 , rampageII , corsair1000w , 3x1g corsair16000 , my old case xaser III , 2x 320gb + 1tb , GTX295 , screen samsung 25.5 , speaker kit bose , logitech Orbit AF cam

i buy 3x VelociRaptor 300GB

for my case ?

intel it's $$$ it s rocknroll :rolleyes:

Edited by maringouin

I don't know if someone else has mentioned this. I only read the first page or so but...it IS possible to run OSX on a PC using a patched version of said OSX. If you still want to use Finalcut I suggest checking the following sites out. Beware: It is by no means an easy task to install OSX, it is also technically illegal since Apple only allows OSX to be installed on Apple hardware.

Check these sites out for more information and active, helpful communities:

http://www.osx86project.org/

http://www.hackint0sh.org/

searching hackintosh on google will also get you a lot of relevant hits.

Also, while many longtime OCC member may frown upon the following advice, I just have to let you know that I think the build you plan on buying is overkill if the most intensive thing you will be doing is playing SecondLife and editing 15 minutes worth of video. Just look at the requirements. While getting a core i7 and socket 1366 does keep the system future-proof, I think you would be alright with a Core 2 quad and maybe even a GTX 260 (I've heard that the 280 is just too much money when compared to gain in performance.

Edited by nasa geek

Also, while many longtime OCC member may frown upon the following advice, I just have to let you know that I think the build you plan on buying is overkill if the most intensive thing you will be doing is playing SecondLife and editing 15 minutes worth of video. Just look at the requirements. While getting a core i7 and socket 1366 does keep the system future-proof, I think you would be alright with a Core 2 quad and maybe even a GTX 260 (I've heard that the 280 is just too much money when compared to gain in performance.

ya I agree that a penryn quad, a p45, and some good memory would even out shoot a I7 in most things.

It's up to you Squinz, I didn't realize you chose a 280 also. There are a waste of money if you know how to move a slider, get a 260 without a doubt.

The nehalem processors aren't really worth it yet for only minor work and definitely not for gaming, also DDR3 doesn't seem to have any real world benefit in performance over DDR2 which is SOOOOO cheap now.

Pick up a good p45, a q9550 and 2x2gb 1066mhz sticks. You'll be so happy at it's performance and the money you'd save!

Great feedbacks guys, you're helping me so much! I’ll get the 260 then. By “system future-proof” you mean that I won’t have to worry about changing parts in the next 3 or 4 years? Cause that is what I was aiming for, and If that’s the case I think I’ll stick with the i7.

Should I get 6GB with the i7 or 4 are fine?

One last question before I go for it. Did any of you ever install the SOX on a pc? And if you did does it work?

I’ll share my decision with you for final proof… I can no longer take any steps without you :P

Ciao :)

get 3 or 6 gigs to ensure that the system will run tri channeling of the ram. As for the 260 mine just took FarCry2 to maxxed out settings with 8x AA at 50-60fps. I've yet to try Fallout 3 with it yet but this card is crazy fast.

What's this SOX, you speak of?