Anybody Buy/play Fallout 3 Yet?

maj0rgamer

Got the game last night, played about 2 hours, have to study rest of week for school but will get into it a LOT since I've been waiting over 10 years for this game.

So far, in the 2 hours I've played, it gets 9/10 from me!

You MUST be busy. Because that is the shortest review from you I have ever seen. :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sooooo want this game, but now I think I'll wait for a patch just in case and it might be a good idea to upgrade my gpu too. :rolleyes: This game definitely appeals to my taste in themes and story lines and I can see what my brother was talking about when he said couldn't decide if he wanted this or FC2 more. Why is everybody is still all hyped about Farcry 2 when this game looks leaps and bounds beyond it? I honestly think think this game will outplay FC2 because it came from Bethesda and if someone could confirm this I'd appreciate it. :lol:

Edited by ocmooz

Sweet man! If it's not one thing it's another I guess.

Please don't forget to post up some details from the game.

And can you confirm any kind of language filter for me now that you got it running? Please tell me it has something in options to turn off the voice acting atleast.

Sweet man! If it's not one thing it's another I guess.

Please don't forget to post up some details from the game.

And can you confirm any kind of language filter for me now that you got it running? Please tell me it has something in options to turn off the voice acting atleast.

I'm in my office right now, I'll be able to confirm this later, but I'm pretty sure in the volume settings, you can modify the voices. I'll check later and post back. I still haven't seen any language filters...I think this game is straight "mature".

I sooooo want this game, but now I think I'll wait for a patch just in case and it might be a good idea to upgrade my gpu too. :rolleyes: This game definitely appeals to my taste in themes and story lines and I can see what my brother was talking about when he said couldn't decide if he wanted this or FC2 more. Why is everybody is still all hyped about Farcry 2 when this game looks leaps and bounds beyond it? I honestly think think this game will outplay FC2 because it came from Bethesda and if someone could confirm this I'd appreciate it. :lol:

Two different beasts. I play all genres, but tend to have more fun with FPS's, so I grabbed FC2. There was no second-guessing on my part. I'll probably pickup Fallout 3 eventually though.

My coworker says he may have found a game-ending glitch on the 360. Apparently an NPC necessary for the main quest failed to spawn (I think he said for the 2nd mission). He searched everywhere he's supposed to be and didn't find anything. He read online that he may be able to activate the quest by going to the quest location directly, so he's going to try that when he gets home...but otherwise, he's going to have start a new game (after he's already devoted 12 hours to it). Technically he could keep playing just the side-quests, but what's the point if you can never progress the main story?

Two different beasts. I play all genres, but tend to have more fun with FPS's, so I grabbed FC2. There was no second-guessing on my part. I'll probably pickup Fallout 3 eventually though.

I grabbed both and also prefer FPS over RPG...Far Cry 2 was quickly pushed to the side. Fallout 3 may really be largely oblivion with freaking guns, but I always wanted guns in oblivion. Everything I loved about oblivion is here and less of the things I hated. So far it plays 100% smoothly on every system I've tried. I guess the lowest spec being my laptop. I've barely explored ANYTHING so far but I can still say that up to this point I LOVE this game. So far I agree 100% with this review.

They do use Securom on the retail dvd version, but its is, as far as I've heard, just used to check for the DVD, and doesn't actually install onto your computer, the issues a lot of people are having stem to SATA DVD drives and other versions of Securom on there computer conflicting with it.

I bought my copy through steam, and it works great on my Vista x64 Ultimate box. I love the game and this has been something I've been waiting for, for quite some time now. As far as I can see there isn't a way to censor it, there is swearing and gore/violence. But personally I wouldn't let that discourage me from buying it. It is such a great and addicting game

@RimX That makes alot of sense what you said about the conflicts, but it sure seems like a patch is needed with all the problems people are having. I'll probably go ahead and pick the game up next payday, still not sure but I waited quite awhile anticipating this game too.

better than most in terms of least-invasive copy protection, but still a negative as far as I'm concerned since our gaming rigs only have Daemon Tools and no physical optical drives (except the server, but it isn't a game station at all).

I was happy with the Oblivion disc-check, and quickly killed it with a no-cd patch. I've already done the same since first thing I do is image a game to my server and then use Daemon on any machine I want to install it to (then hit it with no-cd patch).

I'm EXTREMELY satisfied that there is no:

install limit

invasive copy protection

network authentication (calling home like Bioshock or Windows)

other tomfoolery

I installed the game, no-cd'd it, and am enjoying the little time I get during the school week.

So far I've found one flaw that makes me want to kill things in real life...

The auto save feature much like Oblivion's is great, but WILL screw you over. Last night I saved going into a quest, took about an hour of game play to screw around a bit and beat it, figured I would go sell off some stuff in town then make a new pre-quest save. Well I accidentally fired a SINGLE shot in town when my dog came in the room and started bothering me and somehow HIT someone. Thinking I could just go run and hide I slipped into a building not thinking, it auto saved, The entire town killed me.

So needless to say I was pissed.

The good news however is that the game is good enough that in the same night I redid the quest and went on with life. Can't say that about too many games that I've played in recent times.