Antec 1200 Or Nzxt Tempest?

hey guys,

I am looking for a new computer case because this TT soprano is getting a little beat up and i never really liked it in the first place :P

So basically i want something very flashy and cool looking but also not to be completely void of airflow and features

the antec 1200 and nzxt tempest both appeal to me very much, i have tipped over a little on the antec 1200 side because its looks alot more quality

What do you guys think? and feel free to drop in other suggestions for flashy cases you might like (the antec 900 is not an option for me)

-love

Lol, the cables could do with work in the 900. And i guess that is just the difference between a large midi and a full tower case ;) The lexa is FAR cooler than the antecs :P Dunno about wires or airflow (though it has 3x 120mm and 1x 80mm so must be alright)

Lol, the cables could do with work in the 900. And i guess that is just the difference between a large midi and a full tower case ;) The lexa is FAR cooler than the antecs :P Dunno about wires or airflow (though it has 3x 120mm and 1x 80mm so must be alright)

i would have to disagree, the lexa is quite flashy but the antec 1200 is really really nice looking when its on and not in blinding daylight :P alot of mild blue LED's mixed with a jet black finish inside and out, very pretty case

the lexa has 4 fans total as you mentioned, the antec 1200 has 3 front intake fans, 2 rear exhaust fans, 1 side intake fan and a massive 200mm top mounted blowhole exhaust

as said before, i dont have the option of the antec 900 and this topic was really about 1200 vs. tempest, although i wouldnt mind the input on other cases like the lexa but unfortunetly i think it is out of the running for what i want :P

I think the two choices are both decent cases. No haveing played with the Tempeat or 1200 I would guess the 1200 is the airflow champ out of the two. THe fans on the 1200 are adjustable so you can go from low to high based on your thermal needs. I saw the 1200 at CES and it was incredibly quiet with the fans on high speed.

I'm pretty sure the 1200 is running the same fans as the 900 has. I have the 900 and can't hear anything running unless I get down close to it. All my fans are on medium including the top fan. I thing the 1200 is a beast, but would be ALOT better airflow/cooling than the other case. On top of that, I REALLY hate doors on the front of a PC. The Lexa got ixnayed because of that alone B:)

Other cases we discussed in another thread were:

Coolermaster Stacker 830

Thermaltake Armor

Coolermaster Cosmos 1000

Coolermaster 690

Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P60

NZXT Tempest

That thread is : http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=154605

Good Luck B:)

I'm pretty sure the 1200 is running the same fans as the 900 has. I have the 900 and can't hear anything running unless I get down close to it. All my fans are on medium including the top fan. I thing the 1200 is a beast, but would be ALOT better airflow/cooling than the other case. On top of that, I REALLY hate doors on the front of a PC. The Lexa got ixnayed because of that alone B:)

Other cases we discussed in another thread were:

Coolermaster Stacker 830

Thermaltake Armor

Coolermaster Cosmos 1000

Coolermaster 690

Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P60

NZXT Tempest

That thread is : http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=154605

Good Luck B:)

I have an Antec 1200 and this case is incredible. I would cast my lot with this case if I were you!

I ended up buying a nzxt tempest

With the antec 1200 at $230AU, I was able to lowball the tempest down to $150AU at the comp fair..I say no contest =P

Which also allowed me to afford a 750w ocz gameXstream psu...now all I need to do is win the 4850 contest and ill have a really nice system =P