Best Airflow/vented Cases

I know Airflow and Ventilation on cases is a big "to do" with many of the people on this site, and the Antec 900, is a VERY popular choice, but what are some of the other great Air Flowing cases out there?

Edited by Rokkaholik

i'd look for cases that have very open designs with airflow from front to back and this facilitated by grilles/meshes and fans - cases such as the antec 900 as you mentioned and also the 1200 and the coolermaster stacker 830, cosmos and thermaltake armor all have plenty of vans and very airflow oriented designs

I'm using a Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 which has great airflow. It's a very big case, so not suited to everybody (and heavy), but has a very open design for internal airflow, good cable management and 4 x 120mm fans. The PSU is also mounted at the bottom and draws air from outside the case, so runs very cool. The CPU is sited next to 3 fans, so you can infact run a passive HS easily, if you are not pushing the CPU too hard.

Great case for my needs.

As some have mentioned the CM Stacker is a great case in terms of airflow...Probably the best case I have ever owned, but, its also the heaviest. I have recently finished the rig in my signature and I must say the CM 690 seems to be doing fairly well so far...of course thats only after one day of use. The only real issue I have with the more open top design the the amount of noise that you hear as a result.

So if you want airflow, apparently it cant be all that quiet...

The only real issue I have with the more open top design the the amount of noise that you hear as a result.

I changed the standard fans supplied with the case to 4 x Nexus D12SL-12 'Real Silent' fans - very quiet. The CFM is not huge (36.87), but I wanted quiet and it works for me perfectly. They run at 1000 RPM and only 18 dB.

http://www.nexustek.nl/NXS-nexus120mmrealsilentcasefan.htm

EDIT: I also cut out the grilles for the fan exhaust, cuts down even more on noise.

I have the Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P60 and am pretty happy with it. The stock fans that come with it don't put out a super high CFM, but there is enough of them to still supply excellent cool air flow.

I usually just buy a case that looks good to me....then I modify it for better cooling...

I am very partial to side window fans down low...I get the best video card/ hardrive temps this way....

this was my last case and I have it in black...very nice case for a very nice price...I have been very happy with the case and modded it for good airflow....

http://3btech.net/sibtstgacawi.html

I have had good experiences with the TT armor series. Of course, I've made a custom fan bracket for the front (3x120mm), taken off the top housing, and replaced every fan with a Panaflo.

All fans (5x120, 2x90) are running on a fan controller, so it's pretty quiet when I don't need extra airflow...and vrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom when I want more cooling. The 90mm Panaflo is by far the loudest.

My next case will be a Lian Li. They're just gorgeous, excellent build quality, and good materials (I worked in a sheet metal shop, so I kinda got the feel for this kind of stuff). The PC-V2110B, PC-A20B, and PC-A77B are my favorites. Just beware the price tag.

• 2 weeks later...

Cooling /Ventilation and airflow are my nightmare.

I am Considering to build my own Case which will have the for of a desk L shape thing i was considering to make it dual cooling liquid cooling for the the main components like cpu/gpu/and chip set and air cooling for the rest.

the Build will be as follows but nothing is diffined yet since i still need some out come from you guys/girls i have been reading inside out the forum and got many ideas on how to make it.

Main board : Asus striker 2 Extreme

cpu : Qx9775 or any other 45 nm cpu but quad ( depending on the price)

ram : ddr3 dominator i will start with 4gb but i might move to 8 in two or three months time

hd' : starting with 3 of 1 tb each maybe i upgrade later but the case will ahve space for 12 hd

gpu : nvidia 9800 gx2 1 for now maybe sli in the next future.

PSU : Still to see what si the best.

now my question is this all this will generate a lot of heat and the desk will be sealed for dust and dirt and noise reasons i will use filters asa dump for the noise of fans now. i was thinking of 120mm plus fans possibly 10 fans plus the water cooling once. what is the best i can get as regards to quality. to install the fans i have 200mm hight and 600mm wide leght let's not mention approx 2000mm lenght. the Materials i will be usnig are Aluminum as main structure, and perspecs for showing off lol. as the top part. of course all lightings will be led's so i don't have heating from that side.

thanks for your input.

Guest ajmatson
Also, the NZXT Tempest has great airflow, and looks great as well!!

+1 for the Tempest. It is a great case with excellent airflow.