From Bad To Worse

xly15

Just as I get my new psu my comp has other problems. I don't know what the problem is either. I think it is the gfx card. The screen never turns on. Tried other monitors to. Without the gfx card i can't fix my bios.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What were the problems leading up to RMA'ing the PSU? Was it stable? Which PSU is it?

If you've tried both slots, it's probably not the motherboard. I would say either PSU or graphics card.

When you attempt to boot it up, are there any beeps? Diagnostic LEDs?

Guest KrankyOldLady

one long continues beep ussually tells you something is wrong with the vid. either the card or the monitor or the cable.

I have a feeling about the gfx card going. The mobo wil keep on booting but no screen. I've tried both slots the 6pin is plugged in and its a corsair VX550.

I have a feeling about the gfx card going. The mobo wil keep on booting but no screen. I've tried both slots the 6pin is plugged in and its a corsair VX550.

Is the monitor getting any signal at all (green light instead of orange)? How can you tell it's booting without any video? Is there sound?

Dodgy cable, dodgy graphics. Do you have access to another PC to try your monitor on (I assume so as you are posting here)? Do you have access to another GPU - anything would do (even a PCI card) as I think it would be good to make sure that your PC still works.

Guest KrankyOldLady

Switched the cable?

Hear any beeps from the system when bootiing?

If its pci-e then you have the powersupply connections all connected?