E8400 4.05ghz Stable!!

Well my new e8400 came a couple days ago and i finally got around to really ocing the crap out of it. At one point i had it at 4.2ghz but i had to bump the vcore up past 1.4! and everybody said your gona fry your chip over at XS(while the forums were down last night) so i brought down the vcore and the fsb.

Couple questions thou. On my gigabyte board i can increase the volts on FSB. This is North Bridge volts correct? I see alot of people are using orthros now instead of prime95 whats up with this isnt orthros a older program?

ocpu7.jpg

Um I've had my E8500 up past 1.7v and almost to 5ghz so whoever tols you with more than 1.4v it would "fry" your chip knew nothing or little to nothing, and fsb volts are not nb volts, fsb volts helps keep your cpu stable at high fsb's.

So uhh whats the difference? I cant find a setting for NB volts? Phill you think id be cool for 24/7 at 1.4 volts? I figured they were full of bs..

i did the following

+.1 volts FSB

Yea I have had my QX9650 up to 1.8 also for a brief bench but I would not dare run it at those volts 24/7. There is plenty of proof over at XS where the 45nm chips will not last to long when running them at over 1.45 24/7. I try to keep mine under 1.45 load and mine stays loaded 24/7. Also the MCH is the northbridge....

Alright thats what i thought about the NB cores. In your opinion road-runner what is the highest vcore you would go on a 45nm chip for 24/7 loads with good temps?

Like I said above I try to keep mine less than 1.45 load, I was at 4043 and stable with mine set on 1.5 in the bios, after a few days it became unstable at those volts so I backed it down to 1.475 in the bios and 1.44 load at 3950. Also every time I would take it up to a high clock with high volts for a few benches, afterwords it would degrade. What was a stable setting would not be stable anymore unless I gave it more volts or lowered the clock speed for the same volts I had been running.

I have my 4.7ghz setting saved in a profile in my bios and have not had to change the settings just load it when I want to bench, but for 24/7 use I use 1.5v and get 4.5ghz but it is said that the E8400's are wosre with degredation than the E8500's so I would just keep it under or around 1.45v

The 9770 stays at 1.40 volts at 4050 MHz Its really just for kicks to push it higher. I play the 24/7 game not the suicide screen shot game so it works for me. My 9450 has been to 1.45 but I had diminishing returns so it went back to 3780 MHZ at 1.375 volts.

My Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4 and E8400 would run 4.0ghz 24/7 at 1.30vcore when they were new out of the box (H20) cooling. Recently I had to bump the vcore up to 1.33 after almost three months at 1.30 my system started getting flaky.

Summer is hear so I've backed my clocks down to 3.8ghz @ 1.33vcore.

On the GB board MCH is northbridge voltage.

.1mv bump is fine up to 460FSB on my board, after that requires .2mv bump to run stable at 475FSB.

Personally I would not run your E8400-E8500 processors at anything above 1.40vcore for 24/7 operation. That is unless you have money to burn.