Winning the bet (wolfdale+commando)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant run on a lower divider. since my commando isnt a 'real' 1333 fsb board i have to overclock it just to get the cpu started. this puts my ram at a minimal speed 666mhz. when i overclock to 3.6 ghz it reachers the 800mhz, and then the problem starts.

however i have been looking for a ram-kit under 60 euro. i found the following to choose from

A-data pc8500 2048 cl5

Corsair Dominator TWIN2X8500 2048MB, DDR2,2x1GB(KIT),DHX,E.P.P, CL5-5-5-15-2T

OCZ DDR2 PC8500 2048MB KIT, nVIDIA SLI?- Ready Edition, (CL5-5-5-15)

OCZ DDR2 PC8500 2048MB KIT, Reaper HPC, 2x1024MB, Heat Pipe, (CL5-5-5-15)

gotta be on of those i guess. all just under 60 euro. only the corsair arent on stock, but will be tomorrow. now what should we choose :)

I would probably go with the OCZ.

and for further upgrade compatibility I would choose "OCZ DDR2 PC8500 2048MB KIT, nVIDIA SLI?- Ready Edition, (CL5-5-5-15)"

Not only cause they are SLI but also those Reaper HPC heatspreaders can get in the way on some setups.

and with the x9 multi on that cpu you should be able to clock your cpu as high as it could b go without ram crapping out on you.

Not only cause they are SLI but also those Reaper HPC heatspreaders can get in the way on some setups.

As I see it, the SLI-ready is just a way to make money and does not guarantee any better performance/compatibility for SLI operation.

In general, the HPC heatspreaders shouldn't cause problems on most systems; the only situation where I could foresee problems is with a tight/cramped case where the drive bays invade the motherboard area.

isnt really a problem. my stacker has more then enough space and the ram slots are far enough from the 775 socket to not have the cpu cooler come close to it :). ordered the corsair though, should get them monday

i just cant get it to OC. even at 3.6 ghz, what would put the speed of the ram on 800mhz, i get a BSOD whenever i try. somehow it does seem to crash whenever i try to start youtube. after talking to dr_bowtie he suggested to check the 2ndary timings. since i dont have a clue to what they are or supposed to be, here they are

memorytimingshr8.th.jpg

The secondaries are plenty loose for 800MHz. What voltage have you tried giving the CPU. There are some really bad scaling Wolfdales out in retail.