Keyboard + Pepsi Max

paulktreg

My daughter as just spilled Pepsi Max all over my nice Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard and it now refuses to do anything. Do I ....

1. Replace the keyboard?

2. Pull the keyboard to bits and attempt to clean/repair it?

3. Give my 17 year old daughter a good ticking off?

4. 1 & 3

5. 2 & 3

Regards

Paul

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#5 but here's some SAGE ADVICE (take it from me after getting soundx98's...whatever-encrusted Logitech wireless keyboard that needed cleaning lol)

take a digital camera and TAKE PICTURES OF EVERYTHING IN EVERY STEP LEST BE UNABLE TO REMEMBER HOW IT ALL WENT TOGETHER WHEN TRYING TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER...

lest you have to call Logitech (or MS) and try to reason with them as to them giving you a xxxxing schematic of how the goddamn keyboard goes back together and have them jam you for 4 xxxxing weeks with lame excuses as to why they cannot do such a thing...???

lost a good $50 wireless keyboard because of that . (I don't blame soundx98...he's a pig and all of us staff know it haha...I've cleaned hundreds of keyboards in my life by taking them apart and even running the keys through the dishwasher in the silverware tray and this is the ONLY keyboard I couldn't put back together)

You didn't misread.

Although your idea isn't a bad one because it would save me a small fortune I really can't stoop that low.

Teenager - Cell Phone = Trouble!

A_G I appreciate what you are saying. The number of things I have opened up in the past and then thought why did I do that. I have found video cameras one of the worst, take the screws out, ease the panel off and what happens, screws, levers and springs everywhere. How do they put these things together in the first place? One of lifes great mysteries.

I'll have a go tomorrow and see how many "bits" drop out!

Regards

Paul

Guest SuppA-SnipA

i agree to what radodrill said, make her do it, and say something stern to her, nothing major, it is just a keyboard, if she spilled pepsi in ur pc, hoo hoo, then thats a different story

I've haven't tried this in a long time but I used to throw older keyboards in the dishwasher and they came out great. This may sound crazy but it actually works. Since it's wireless take the batteries of course. It's worth a shot anyways.

Good luck with whatever you decide. You'd think that a keyboard would be fairly simple, but when I spilled a (pick your poison of choice) and diet coke on my Logitech Wireless Keyboard, no amount of pulling it apart and cleaning it brought it back to life. Only brought me hours of frustration - and in the end left me wishing;

A. I'd be smart enough to keep my darn drinks away from my keyboard

B. That I'd just gone out and bought a new keyboard

last one we tore apart we cleaned it the best we could with baby wipes...those things clean anything....(even blood) and then I gave it a bath in rubbing alcohol...

99% alcohol or the highest you can get at a local drug store works wonders...I just pour it one and rinse it around...then dry it well with air...so far so good