Worst Computers On The Planet

theArmy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

pakard bells arnt that bad case design i have a old 233mhz mmx pentium pakard bell that was givin to me casue the people couldnt fix it. it does have onboard video and sound but oh well its like 7 years old. and i hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate DELLS DELLS AND crapING DIE NOW :ph34r:

I have a Sony (Specs below) and for the most part its pretty decent. Especially because of the fact that if anything needs to be replaced its done for free. Recently had the PSU and the HDD replaced. Only thing I dont like is the temps, I am going to be modding it more soon and add about 4 fans to it where as right now the only thing keeping it cool is AS5 and a exhaust fan.

My least favorite computer would definitely be Dell. Just just design everything so that once you buy it, you can't get any upgrades unless they're specially distributed by Dell. No to mention there's no chance of easily overclocking

My least favorite computer would definitely be Dell. Just just design everything so that once you buy it, you can't get any upgrades unless they're specially distributed by Dell. No to mention there's no chance of easily overclocking

that is the case with 98% of prebuilds.

My overall worst has to be a an Acer Acrose (spelling?)

Dear bloody sweet stinky jesus.

Friend bought it and from day one we had a constant, non-stop battle with that peice of hellspawn. It was remarkably slow, even for its 333mhz and 16 megs of ram (WOW! but at that time that was pretty decent). Pile of shyte had onboard sound and video, like 2 PCI slots, could NOT be upgraded. The PSU that came with them was built by children and tended to blow out every so often for no real reason. We went through 4, all covered under warranty and all, but still. =/. The cpu had some bizarre mounting bracket for its hsf so you couldnt upgrade that at all, only from Acer, nothing could be overclocked, etc etc etc. All in all though that peice of remarkable crap learnt this here boy gud about computers. I had to learn to keep it running for more than 2-5 days at a time.

My personal worst was a Packard Hell. Much like the aformentioned Acer but stable as a rock. Just a peice of general crap, and when I took it in to upgrade it they told me they had never in their life seen a computer running at 187mhz when it was supposed to be running at like 233 or something when ALL the settings were correct.. I didnt know then that overclocking even existed, so I sure as hell hadnt tried to do anything to it. It ran AOL, which at the time, was all i really needed it to do.

A note on the Compaqs real quick. I was given a Compaq Presario of some form or another.. I cant remember its model number and such, something like 3 years ago. Personally, I loved that sucker, and it still exists today as a secondary box.. Somewhat anyway, its been fiddled with and basicly mangled into something wholey foriegn from its original origins. But I found it well built, stable as a rock, easily upgradable, etc etc. Nothing onboard, it was all done through 6 pci slots and one AGP. I loved it, and it stands as my general introduction into the world of somewhat capable computers ( I had been running some pretty scary pices of crap until then ). It actually formed the basis for the box I run now and I guess, in some small way, namely two IDE cables and a harddrive, lives on through my new and very capable computer. Whats left of it also sits quietly as a sort of test box I do mean things to, like purposefully run various virii and such on just to see what will happen, and it recieves the dubios honor of being my general "learner" when I intend some wiring or setup tweak to my actual box. It gets it beforehand so when i set fire to something important, and I did once (mobo shot sparks and flame, but it still works. ) , its set fire in a rig i dont give much of a crap about.

ohh, and dell is the SUX>

Edited by Mouse

The biggest thing that annoys me about prebuilt computers is just how crappy their specs are, while the company that makes them glorifies them to the ends of the earth. I saw in a recent (aka last week) dell magazine a computer that was advertised to have "massive memory!" Turns out it had 256mb of pc2700 ddr..."massive" isn't exactly the word that comes to mind. Or they advertise the "blistering geforce fx graphics" the comp has, while in reality it's got an fx5200 non-ultra or something. Remember when pretty much every dell came with a Gf4 mx? *cringe cringe*

On a side note, has anyone noticed the Gateway banner on OCC? It's at the top of my screen right now. I find it funny that gateway actually bothered to put an ad on an overclocker's website...just look at this thread...rather, maybe the execs at gateway should.

Actually, as prebuilts go, Gateways aren't all that bad. At least old ones. I've worked on three, and they were all pretty decent-except for the PITAB (Pain In the . Bar) that you have to remove to take out the mobo. I used parts from two old gateways to refit my Mom's comp, and it's pretty decent now for music software. No overclocking options in the bios of course-but still it's not as bad as comcrap. Compaq's are just pos's. My friend had one, and it had a metal plate attached to the case (which was a mini-tower to begin with) that made it almost impossible to work on it. He was not one for finess however, and ripped the awful thing out of the case. :D