Worst Computers On The Planet

theArmy

emachines...'nuff said. When you can get an entire computer, including monitor for like $300 you know the quality must be lacking. Just my video card cost almost that much!

not to be a smart . or anything,

but emachines are awesome budget priced beginner computers. mess around with the thing. screw it up, trash it. now you can find an emachine with like a 2400+ processor, dvd drive and cd-rw for a very cheap price. i agree, modding an emachine isn't so great, but hey.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a Packard Bell 486 form sears. I think only a few days after the warranty ran out, sparks came from every hole and corner. I think i was the first kid in my neighbourhood to have a Pc with juat a 3.5" drive.

I would have to say HP's. Mine has crashed 4 times total. And i've had it for 4 years... Coincidence? if thats not, then all of those 4 times was either on a 6 month mark or a 1 year mark. Then a few weeks ago i turned it on and sparks came out the back of the monitor, lol it was on another one year mark....now its dead. :bah:

+'s of HP and sony: asus mobo, reflash the bios on SOME models and you can oc just fine.

+'s of emachines: they're like Bic razors and pens, you just toss em in the trash when you're done

+'s of dells.......... oh yeah, the OLD PII/early PIII ones were standard ATX mobos, though you had to replace the psu to get a new mobo to work.

+'s of microns: only pre builts I've seen with gigabyte mobo's and gigabyte's original bios (yes they oc out of the box!)

+'s of compaqs: they're now hp's

+'s of aopen comps: there were none

+'s of apples: any moron can use it... with in the machines limits of course.

then you could always talk about alien ware. HT processor... but they use windows xp home. and you PAY thru the nostrils for the darn thing.

My most hated are the HP Pavilion series, but just because they were the ones I worked on the most during the summer, and the insides of those cases are NOT dulled. You better watch you don't lose a finger in those things. Doesn't help that you have to remove the CDRom, PSU and HDD to put in a freakin stick of RAM

Hey, Im not suggesting they are good machines. I just remember sitting around the computer room at lunch when I was 10 playing karataka and thinking, "entertainment has reached its pinnacle" :)

yeah i was just kidding with the big glass of STFU but I can see you were just thinking back. like my post about all the old tv shows that i watch now and wonder why I ever watched them?

+'s of aopen comps: there were none
Yeah, I know they don't male computer, but I'm not exactly a fan of Aopen parts. My first real hands on experience with computers was my first self built wich had a lot of Aopen junk in it. An Aopen case is about the only think I would buy from them, if that.

I remember out first family computer that had a cd-rom was some old 486 Packard Bell, I think that thing blew up about 4 times.