Rainbow 6: Vegas 2

Reinvented

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got it running...NO xxxxING DEDICATED SERVER??? (maybe in a batch file, I don't know, but it ain't in teh xxxxing game when I go to setup a server)

*sigh*

Ubisoft, EA, Activision, is there not a xxxxing piece of . game publisher left in the xxxxing world who doesn't totally try to xxxx every customer out of every xxxxing dollar by releasing xxxxing piece of xxxxing . products? Especially the xxxxing pc platform where we get treated like xxxxing lepers???

UBISOFT: GO xxxx YOURSELVES WITH A BIG RUSTY BAR IN YOUR xxxxING butthole

Did you get the 1.01 patch?

Linkage

It does mention a fix for people getting booted from a dedicated server so there must be one...hope so at least. I will pick it up sometime this week.

got it running...NO xxxxING DEDICATED SERVER??? (maybe in a batch file, I don't know, but it ain't in teh xxxxing game when I go to setup a server)

*sigh*

Ubisoft, EA, Activision, is there not a xxxxing piece of . game publisher left in the xxxxing world who doesn't totally try to xxxx every customer out of every xxxxing dollar by releasing xxxxing piece of xxxxing . products? Especially the xxxxing pc platform where we get treated like xxxxing lepers???

UBISOFT: GO xxxx YOURSELVES WITH A BIG RUSTY BAR IN YOUR xxxxING butthole

As always very constructive contribution from Angry!

Wow AG, that was quite the ringing endorsement. However, I expected something less than based upon GRAW 2. The original Rainbow 6 Raven Shield and Ghost Recon are classics. The content and game play of the originals was very tactical. The very fact that you had no idea if you would tip off your movement to the enemy made for a some what slow, but very tense experience. The graphics are dated on both of these oldies but goodies, but the game play is very good.

It's too bad that few publishing houses really want to actually put effort into a making an excellent tactical pc game. I've got ARMA and maybe one day we will all be talking about Ground Branch.

oh don't get me wrong...RS Vegas2 is even BETTER than the original Vegas...that's not the issue I'm having with it.

The issue I'm having with it is no way to select dedicated server from within the game itself

it does have a dedicated server batch file...but how xxxxing lazy can a developer be when they port a game to not include such an important feature???

I WILL get a dedicated server up and running Thursday night if someone wants to help me test it over Hamachi (I DO know how to edit batch files to do gameserver stuff lol)

It's too bad that few publishing houses really want to actually put effort into a making an excellent tactical pc game. I've got ARMA and maybe one day we will all be talking about Ground Branch.

as far as I'm concerned, Vegas IS the best tactical there is. I've yet to play anything better.

Again, Vegas is a killer game, and Vegas2 adds on it...it looks better, plays better, and has the same kind of "level-up" experience that CoD4 does...and it works in Terrorist Hunt as well as Story! (too bad Story is only 2-player co-op...but at least Terrorist Hunt is 4-player co-op!).

Wait until you check it out, I think you will all enjoy it not just for the graphics and the gameplay, but the "RPG" style upgrades/level-ups that it has!

I'm still EXTREMELY PISSED about the exclusion of dedicated server from within the game...

Did you get the 1.01 patch?

Linkage

It does mention a fix for people getting booted from a dedicated server so there must be one...hope so at least. I will pick it up sometime this week.

yep, already patched up to 1.01...Jeff (that plays Sins with us from my house) and I couldn't freakin get his rig to see my game for about 30 minutes with me getting REALLY %@#$#@% PISSED until I realized momma's rig and his rig here were 1.01 and mine hadn't been patched yet...

Oh, PS...jeez...remember Vegas1 and one of the patches (well, about 4 of them actually) was supposed to fix the "looping sounds" bug?

yeah...Vegas2...HAS IT ALL OVER AGAIN...I mean, wtf Ubi? Are you guys as retarded as I screamed about in post #15???? YOU MUST BE....sheesh...doesn't anyone ever test anything???

oh xxxxing AWESOME...see, this is the reason why copy protection is a xxxxing SHAM...now you can't install with SATA DVD's (or you can install, but the game's protection BLACKLISTS SATA DVD's and Daemon Tools!!!!).

WHAT THE xxxx UBI...are you so xxxxing dense still that you wish to piss off endless customers? Your game requires a pretty hefty rig to run, so that means usually a newer rig, and those newer rigs have SATA optical drives now...and a good number of us run Daemon Tools that we xxxxing PURCHASED FOR LEGIT REASONS (like me, first thing I do is rip a game/program to my server so I can install it over the network via Daemon Tools so I don't have to have optical drives in any of my rigs EXCEPT the server).

See...now...I'm just getting MORE PISSED. This is sooooooo much the reason why I love Sins of a Solar Empire so much more than just about anything else right now...no xxxxing copy protection...meaning I DON'T have to go to a suspicious site or torrent to get a xxxxing no-dvd crack.

Since

#1 I install over the network and have no optical drives in any rig, I always need a no-dvd exe

#2 I refuse to use my cd's/dvd's repeatedly in a drive because after a while, they get chewed up (scratched) and that's only half the scratches, the other half comes from inserting/ejecting into the drive and putting the thing in the jewel case (of course only a moron scratches it putting it into a jewel case, but take a look at ANY disc you use frequently and tell me there's not a single xxxxing blemish on it...).

I REFUSE to repeatedly use my optical installation media. PERIOD. Once I buy it, it gets imaged and installed. I use a no-cd/no-dvd exe to keep from having to pull the xxxxing games out each time I want to play them (tough for those of us who play like 3 or 4 different games at a time).

Jeezuz...I think I'm having a stroke I'm so angry.

PIRACY WILL HAPPEN NO MATTER WHAT...STOP xxxxING-OVER YOUR LEGIT CUSTOMERS GODDAMNIT WITH THIS bull crap COPY PROTECTION!!!

Is it any wonder a no-name developer like Stardock can release a no-name game like Sins of a Solar Empire and it ends up the 2nd best selling game for two months in a row (and remember this is NOT counting Wal-Mart sales and their digital online distribution which would easily make it the #1 best-selling game in the USA for two months in a row....) and everyone is so xxxxing pleased because it has ZERO COPY PROTECTION other than a cd-key which is required to get updates???

OH MY GOD...A GAME WITHOUT COPY PROTECTION ACTUALLY SELLS BETTER THAN ALL THE REST THAT HAVE UNGODLY bull crap COPY PROTECTION THAT ONLY HARMS LEGIT USERS???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

xxxxing wankers (ubi managment). I hope you slip in dogpoop and crack your heads open on the pavement while some lamer has a vid camera going and we see you bleeding on youtube.

ok so now after rooting around in the dedicated server batch files and the R6 server config files, here's what I see...see anything missing?

REM  GAME_MODE: must be one of the following values. It must also be specified in KellerGameConfigPCR6VegasServerConfig.ini
REM	  Attack & Defend:   R6AttackDefendGame
REM	  Deathmatch:		R6DeathmatchGame  
REM	  Team Deathmatch:   R6TeamDeathmatchGame	
REM	  Team Leader:		R6TeamLeaderGame		 
REM	  Conquest:		  R6ConquestGame

and

; The game mode running on the server
; To have the server run this game mode, it must also be specified in BinariesR6VegasServerLanch.bat
; Possible values are: 
;	- GAMEMODE_ATTACKANDDEFEND
;	- GAMEMODE_DEATHMATCH
;	- GAMEMODE_TEAMDEATHMATCH
;	- GAMEMODE_TEAMLEADER
;	- GAMEMODE_CONQUEST
m_eGameMode=GAMEMODE_TEAMDEATHMATCH

so...basically...dedicated server only for vs. multiplayer...no dedicated server for co-op?

am I stupid or am I justified in being VERY PISSED?