Rainbow 6: Vegas 2

Reinvented

Wow, thats HELLA gay (not that there's anything wrong with that :P)

So on top of no dedicated server for co-op, i cant even INSTALL the game seeing as i only have a SATA dvdrw drive? LOL

Dunno if i will have my main rig back online by thursday but if i do, then i can help ya test it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can install it with SATA drive, but you'll have to use a no-dvd exe to run it because the copy protection sees Daemon Tools & SATA drives as SCSI devices, and so it automatically blacklists them.

besides, who wants to hassle with having to put the xxxxing disc in the drive each time you want to play? You bought the xxxxing game, put the no-dvd exe on it and let's play instead of dicking around with drives and uninstalling and rebooting and bios fiddling etc.

once again:

YOU CAN INSTALL WITH SATA OPTICAL DRIVE

no limitations on installation.

the copy protection bull crap kicks in when you try to play and it accesses the optical drive to verify you have a legit disc instead of a dvd+r/-r etc (or you aren't using Daemon Tools). The instant it sees Daemon Tools or any non-IDE drive, copy protection stalls and you can't play. Even if you switch your SATA optical drive to IDE mode, it will still xxxx up and not let you play.

you can install it with SATA drive, but you'll have to use a no-dvd exe to run it because the copy protection sees Daemon Tools & SATA drives as SCSI devices, and so it automatically blacklists them.

besides, who wants to hassle with having to put the xxxxing disc in the drive each time you want to play? You bought the xxxxing game, put the no-dvd exe on it and let's play instead of dicking around with drives and uninstalling and rebooting and bios fiddling etc.

once again:

YOU CAN INSTALL WITH SATA OPTICAL DRIVE

no limitations on installation.

the copy protection bull crap kicks in when you try to play and it accesses the optical drive to verify you have a legit disc instead of a dvd+r/-r etc (or you aren't using Daemon Tools). The instant it sees Daemon Tools or any non-IDE drive, copy protection stalls and you can't play. Even if you switch your SATA optical drive to IDE mode, it will still xxxx up and not let you play.

Thats what I'm saying! I'll hook up with you guys one I have the game in a few days! Maybe on Thursday!

Hmmm......you are having one hella time AG with Vegas 2. The points you have brought out make the game sounds like it s####. The first Vegas is on Steam now for $19.95. Maybe I'll try that one out.

I tried reloading my old version of RS36 and it will not run well. It won't play nice with the 8800 GT. Oh well, Dx8/Dx9 meets Dx10 and pukes.

so the co-op doesnt work? then it kinda looses the point of buying it :( i thought of buying it to play the co-op. if there isnt one...well...its just a tactical shooter. and there are some that do have co-op :(

Well, i went and picked it up yesterday. Seems just like the first but a little more polished. I am quite happy that it runs with everything maxed at 1280x1024 :D I only played through the first mission though.

Anyone done the multiplayer bit yet? We gotta hook that up soon.

Has anyone found a way to make the god awful textures any better yet? I was poking around in the game engine config files and didn't see anything for a texture setting. I know GRAW had a texture setting hack and the engines are similar.

Gawd i suck at this game....

Mind you its my second time i play a shooter, but really....

I tried single player terrorist hunt, and got shot down every 3 attemps i did...

Gottta give that more practice i think:)

btw travis my install went like a charm

Has anyone found a way to make the god awful textures any better yet? I was poking around in the game engine config files and didn't see anything for a texture setting. I know GRAW had a texture setting hack and the engines are similar.

textures look bad? you looking at the same game? I'm with EllisD, I've got everything maxed @ 1280x1024 and the game looks awesome. Even better looking than Vegas1 and plays better, more interesting story, etc.

Kranky: make sure you make judicious use of the right-mouse button (the action button that makes you hug walls/corners etc). Once you get really good with the right-mouse button, the game takes on an entirely new challenge because it is now a much more realistic tactical shooter.

We'll get together with RS Vegas 2 on Hamachi on Friday if we can get it to work. Jeff will be here and it will be the only day until the following Friday that I can play (final exams start Monday)