First 8800GT 512 review?

Repr

Actually Jaz SLI doesn't support more than one monitor. Enabling SLI disables multi monitor options. Not sure why exactly but maybe they will fix that eventually.

Oops...thanks for the correction Raider...that one got by me. Is that a vista thing or does it do that in xp too? (not trying to vindicate myself. I was wrong...lol.)

Raider, you have the card i wanted to buy in the 1st place. I was just trying to keep expenses down, and i had a feeling i was going to regret skimping on the vcard.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raider, you have the card i should have bought in the 1st place. I was just trying to keep expenses down, and i had a feeling i was going to regret skimping on the vcard.

I didn't know the 8800GT supported crossfire :tooth:

That makes 2 of us! That cursed little thing...sheesh, what doesn't it do, besides piss me off..lol...will it make me breakfast? Is at least hot enough to keep my coffe mug warm? :nod:

That makes 2 of us! That cursed little thing...sheesh, what doesn't it do, besides piss me off..lol...will it make me breakfast? Is at least hot enough to keep my coffe mug warm? :nod:

LOL. Jaz is bashing a video card thats better than his !!!

Why don't we all join in?

Bah, I hate you 7950GX2,all those damn X1900XT/Xs and X1950XT/Xs, those uberpowerful HD2900s and that most despised of all 8800 series!!!

/Goes and buys an 8800GT:p

reading all of the comments here about the new card it is obvious many of you have missed the point about this card.

many people are running 19in/17in 1280x1024 screens which is why the GTX version of the 8800 was pretty much pointless. benchies in most games showed little if no improvement at this res between the GTX/GTS. The GTX version is only really needed if you want to max out games at 1600x1000 Wide or higher than 1280x1024.

The same goes for this new card. i looked at many website tests of this cards and the card shows an improvement generally in the 1600x1200 and above range. frames in most games are basically the same at 1280x1024.

Very few sites reviewed it at 1280 - probably cause it showed the same bench results as the GTS!

I see many people on this thread getting pissed cause NVIDIA brought out a card slightly more powerful and slightly cheaper but the point is if you run at 1280 x 1024 it MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!.

The resolution poll on this site i notice was done Dec 06' and 1280x1024 was by far the most used.

maybe time for a new poll!

Marco.

I think your argument is partially valid there.

No doubt the 8800 series supports AA and AF (not mention shaders) better than any previous series, but the average gamer will use 1024x768 or 1280x1024. Sure, I'm more interested in the higher resolutions, but at the same time they sell more cards to people that might actually use what they're given.

Note that 3dmark still uses common resolutions for it's standard benchmarks.

That said, I loved my 8800GTX, and I miss it still. Sure, the 7900GTO (GTX) that I'm running now is still well above average...but boy that GTX spoiled the . out of me. Can't wait for the new king from (whoever) to show up, because that's what's going in my buddies computer (which I get to use on a 100+ inch 1080P projector :D)

(which I get to use on a 100+ inch 1080P projector :D)

Can I come over and play too? lol :sigh: The gas would cost too much anyways.....I guess I have to settle with my new 50 incher

LOL. Jaz is bashing a video card thats better than his !!!

Why don't we all join in?

Bah, I hate you 7950GX2,all those damn X1900XT/Xs and X1950XT/Xs, those uberpowerful HD2900s and that most despised of all 8800 series!!!

/Goes and buys an 8800GT:p

Yeah, but now I'm doing it with a sense of humour. But was i pissed when i bought my card then they made this right after? Yeah, and so were a lot of other people. But i hear there are other cards coming out within my step up time frame that I might like and are faster than this card. But i have to take into consideration the bottleneck factor, in which my cpu won't take full advantage of the cards abilities, and then make my decision then.

And let's keep this friendly, hey? :)

I was just kidding Jaz :). I know everyone here has at least once felt that stab of regret after buying something that you think is the latest and greatest and then seeing something better being released a few weeks later at an even lower price.