Opty 165 No Lid

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not bad. mine works fine, a bit cooler.

darn dfi boards are too sensitive though cause now the yellow and orange slot nearest the socket dont want to work. happened to another same model board too :/

oh well, i'm just gonna divvy the ram up between them and sell both in rigs for 750$ a piece :P

I disassembled a razor and got a blade from it, veeery thin, worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip. I took it very easy and the lid popped of my 165 :) I also lapped my Noctua NH-U12 as the base was pretty "ribbed?" and uneven. Here's the result:

delidded.jpg

:tooth:

Was it worth it? Hell yeah! Before, I was seeing ~50-53C load with only 1.475 and about 2850MHz. It wasn't stable much higher even with 1.5V and I couldn't give it more as I don't want to go much over 50C. Now, I began with setting it at 325x9(2925MHz) and 1.5V, booted up and ran orthos for a couple of hours, rock solid! And temps in SmartGuardian didn't exceed 41C (CoreTemp shows 46-48)! A drop of over 10C, with 0.25V more! Incredible, and the AS5 hasn't even set yet. This is in a P180, full with sound dampening material and only one 120mm intake and one blowing out in the back (Yate Loon's @ 900RPM) :sweat: I'm now at 334x9(3006MHz) with 1.525V and load temp is about 44-45C (CoreTemp about 51-52C). Going to run orthos overnight but it seems to be rock stable.

opteron165.jpg