How Fast Does Your Computer Really Need To Be

EternityEight

well sence first stepping grounds on OOC land, i've built 3 comps and rebuilt 2, and am currently working on a new comp for my sister( her christmas present) i LOVE it...i don't know what i'd be doing without computers...but anyway...no one needs ANYTHING but food and water to survive, thats the what i call bare minimum...now all a game needs to play is the bare minimum...for instance warcraft2 will play on my old 486...and yes i have played war2 on my 486...it just wasn't as fun as playing it on my comp listed below...hehe and also in the tho9ught of latest hardware...i'm getting my new mobo(a7n8x deluxe), my new sound card(audigy2), and my new inspire 5.1 speakers. so i'm happy and do i need it...no but do i still got it...HELL YES

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The game i've been playing for years now is UT and now UT2K3 and i'm playing it on a 2500+ and an old OC'ed 9000 pro, everything to maximum settings and good FPS, not planning on(in the near future) getting close to a 9800 XT or whatever i'm not at all addicted to all those real times swat missions or war things

:D i like UT and my system plays it good :P

we should play sometime.. i suck but enjoy the game.. msg me on aim : BrainC0DE..

Celtrica is a girl...She posts a little bit, but is on the chat room a lot.

isn't she like d3's girlfriend, or someone's? I didn't think she actually built computers.

Oh, and C0DE, sometimes "better" graphics isn't always better in FPSs. I can't remember which one it was...it was maybe 2 years ago, but I had it on the highest settings, and there was fog and crap that could people could "hide" in, but on my friends computer with worse graphics, there wasn't the fog, and although the character may have looked a little more rigid, at least he could see the person, whereas, i had to get closer to see the person thru the fog. But i do agree, usually it's better with higher graphics levels.

Edited by ClayMeow

The only speed issue for me is internet, as being home i'm now on dialup, after being spoiled by T3 for 3 years, followed by Cable for a year. It takes me forever to do anything online (although that could also be caused by my constant visiting of OCC ;) )

What browser you using ClawMeow? I had serious lag time on my uplink last few months, incomplete OCC pages (not happy... I like all that stuff) etc. I remembered someone mentioned that Mozillz 1.5 was released, and was faster/more efficient than IE 5x & up :) Huge difference @ this end anyway (31200 kps sucks :P)

A: to the question of processor speed, all the old games I have play just fine @ 550/600 Mhz full res. so I don't need more power, except I'm on the f@h OCC team and speed really counts for something there :)

P.s. Like the new avatar ClayMeow... & I see you got you're matrix avatar working also Iggy.

What browser you using ClawMeow? I had serious lag time on my uplink last few months, incomplete OCC pages (not happy... I like all that stuff) etc. I remembered someone mentioned that Mozillz 1.5 was released, and was faster/more efficient than IE 5x & up :) Huge difference @ this end anyway (31200 kps sucks :P)

A: to the question of processor speed, all the old games I have play just fine @ 550/600 Mhz full res. so I don't need more power, except I'm on the f@h OCC team and speed really counts for something there :)

P.s. Like the new avatar ClayMeow... & I see you got you're matrix avatar working also Iggy.

Thanks, Taz :)

I use IE6. I've used IE practically my whole life, though i did use netscape nav for a little simultaneously. Never checked out Mozilla, but i've grown accustomed to IE, and don't think i'd ever change. Also, computers are often swapped in my house when i'm home, and my dad wouldn't want me having something else he'd have to get used to.