Now here's a hell of a system

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like ATI GPUs, never had any luck with them, but that dates way back.

That's opposite with me. Always had great luck with ATI & never had any luck with Nvidia ( which I have never liked )

WOW that's a system. I agree with others I could find other ways to spend 10g's on But It's not my money.

WOW that's a system. I agree with others I could find other ways to spend 10g's on But It's not my money.

I should probably be clear that I'm not really buying this system and I don't know anyone who has. It's just something I screen shopped when I was bored last night. :D

Then it would make more sense to put everything in an equipment rack instead of a standard case; especially with one of those RAID Arrays.

And why have all the storage internal on a PCIe RAID card; use the x8 slot for physics instead and get a second rack-mountable RAID array. :cool:

Integrate a home entertainment system into the rack and route the audio/video through that; think 250" (or more) projection screen in your living room (overhead projector of course). Not to mention a Studio grade speaker/amp system.

Play your cards right and it can set you back >25Gs.

Edit:

Comprise that entertainment system of Studio Grade Components.

With a bit of careful planning it'd make a kick-butt entertainment/gaming system for an auditorium (or home theater). Not to mention; with >30Tb worth of Storage you could have your entire Movie collection backed up on it, so no need to risk damaging the disks.

Buy a dual CPU motherboard - buy two quad core xeons..

8 core system > 4 core system in multithreaded applications anyday. Any half decent coded mulithreaded app, you'd get 1.9x the performance increase of a quad core.