possible case configuration

Yup 1999 or so, not sure if they are gateways or not .Bought both cases at a show for identical pc's for my boy and me that we built.1 mm steel and sturdy as heck.Looks like lots of new disks for the dremal are in order..

Did you see the heavy duty 1.5" dremel discs when you were browsing mnpctech?

http://www.mnpctech.com/DremelDisc.html

I wouldn't set that board horizontally just for thermal purposes, that's a lot of extra work for negligible gain. It does look cool, so if you like the look and have the time go for it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did see them thats why the comment was made,Iwill need a few.Was all over that site drooling.
I do like the look.From what I've seen might be fairly easy with a few 1/2 in aluminum angle iron.
I'm off of work for the next 2-3 months so time is defiantly on my side...

Hmm keep them you never know when you'll get the urge to do something with them.

Just noticed you don't live all that far away from me.:)I'm about 30 miles south of Toledo.

I've gotten to a point where I just don't care anymore, so tomorrow is trash day and I'm tossing them. But if you think they're really worth something, you can take a ride up here and take them off my hands for free. I live just north of Detroit. I'll even throw in a few 15" monitors and some keyboards. But since you can pick up old computer stuff for free on Craigslist all the time, I don't know if it's worth the drive time. This stuff is so obsolete, it's not doing me any good. :rolleyes:

Be one massive mother.

If I could drive up there I'd take them off of your hands.

Found a possible outer shell for this beast it is an old stainless steel 3 tier storage shelf. 27 x 31.5 shelves just have to figure a way to cut and bend it.

About 1mm or less thick.

I've decided to not move the mother board to the bottom.

Decided to use the existing fronts with some major bondo work,removing the floppy holes and filling in gap in front where left meets right.Case fronts were not symmetrical so some fibered bondo was in order.

Also decided to use the original case enclosures but they need modified to make the gull wing look when open.

Should be interesting.

I'm letting spot putty5 cure as we speak.Post some pics in a few.

Here are the pics.

As you can see in dsc14 image the

unevenness of the front of the cases.For extra strength holes were drill on either side and the shanks of the rivets were put through both fronts before the bondo.3 bolts were also put in on the backside. Off to rivet the HD holders together.

DSCI0009.JPG

DSCI0012.JPG

DSCI0014.JPG

Guest Pyro

Your off to a good start man keep up the good work... are you planning on putting 2 PC's in the case? Or just one with great air flow?

Planning on putting 1 monster in their with the option later on to go with double of everything (be cheaper then)then network them for a all in one render farm of sorts.

Guest Pyro

That would be pretty sweet, are you into 3D rendering or what type are you doing. By the looks of the first post I'd say 3D but hey I'll ask any way.