possible case configuration

I was just going to use the case panels themselves. Didn't mod the outside, yet. One side panel has a window in it already, with a 120mm fan mount. While the other is a full panel. After testing it out, once the sides are put on - the case heats up. So I'll have to do some more thinking on case air flow >>>> more fans. :P

Just one PSU - PC P&C 750 QUAD. I'll cover up the MB side power supply mount. Maybe put a fan in there.

For the metal, I like aluminum - cuts easy and is light weight. I haven't looked at buyuing any metal/wood but both seem like they would be costly.

Edit: Thanks Guys!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would stick to metal, so much nicer in my opinion. Aluminum is a bit pricey, so if you wanted you could get some steel and cover it with film like these sold at mnpctech;

Diamondplatethm.gif

Diamond Plate

BrushedChromethm.jpg

Brushed Aluminum

CFsample.jpg

Carbon Fiber

engineturned.jpg

Engine Turned

BlueMetalFlakeVinylFilm.jpg

Blue Metal Flake

RedMetalFlakeVinylFilm.jpg

Red Metal Flake

Check out their video tutorial on each products' page for a look at how nice these look.

Went to that site and looked, cool stuff.Do like the brushed stainless an the carbon fiber looking ones.

Well I've done up a render to give me some idea of what it would look like,don't mind the fan grills (I know they look like speaker covers).

Front would be the brushed stuff rest painted and clear coated several times.Looked at some of the fan grills on mnpctech didn't see any for 140 mm fans. Maybe I'm blind.case3.jpg

Cool.
Thx on the render. Would have liked to have done something for the contest.
Right now I'm considering flipping the MB tray from vertical to horizontal.That way I can get really good front to back air flow. MB laying flat just seems more stable to me. Could put larger cpu cooling or a massive rad in there somewhere and water cool the whole shebang. :)

WOW, some old Gateway ALR-7200 server cases. ;)

When were those built, 1999? It's nice to see they'll be getting a 2nd life.

Dug them out and this looks promising.I can get 3 140's in front 2 140's in back.

2 of the 3 140's in front blow across MB 3rd blows across HD

This will work a lot better.

lfront2.JPGside.JPG

ssx2.JPG

Yup 1999 or so, not sure if they are gateways or not .Bought both cases at a show for identical pc's for my boy and me that we built.1 mm steel and sturdy as heck.Looks like lots of new disks for the dremal are in order..

Yup 1999 or so, not sure if they are gateways or not .Bought both cases at a show for identical pc's for my boy and me that we built.1 mm steel and sturdy as heck.Looks like lots of new disks for the dremal are in order..

I was just saying that because I have a couple of those same cases in my basement right now. Mine have a sticker on the back just to the left of the PSU hole that says Gateway, they also have a build date sticker. I thought about using them because they're nice cases, but now I'm thinking of just tossing them out because I don't have anything worth while to put in them. It would also require me to cut a hole for a removable back plate with the Dremal.

Those original motherboards had on board video, 4 memory slots, dual processors, and SCSI. I was thinking of keeping one for nostalgic purposes, but I couldn't figure out how to get the 2nd processor to be recognized.

Hmm keep them you never know when you'll get the urge to do something with them.

Just noticed you don't live all that far away from me.:)I'm about 30 miles south of Toledo.

XP pro wont see both of them?

This is the configuration I'm contemplating.case4.jpg