DFI Lan Party 590sli 40sec superpi @ 2.75ghz?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go through a decent amount of HW because I resell overseas.

Within the last month I've been through an Abit Nfm2 nview, an kn9s, a couple of ECS Matx's and I have an EVGA 590 coming and am currently using that same board that arrived this week. I haven't seen any bios updates from Abit, very disappointed as they are one of my favs, or ECS. EVGA just posted one via floppy... :confused: Why floppy???!!! Grrr. I haven't used one in 2 years!!!

Anyway, none of them reported correct temps, however they all OCed very well (Barring ECS because of limited bios options).

I've been able to hit 2.4 @ stock easy on a 65nm 3600+. I was also able to do 2.6-2.8 stable at around 1.4V on both ABit' and the EVGA. The EVGA was a tad tricky because I had to leave the CPU multiplier on Auto (for it to be 9.5) or drop the multi to 9. Nevertheless all have done very well.

It's the one at Newegg OEM. Can do 2.8 @ 1.4ish.

I have OCed them. Just haven't kept tabs of the OC's on Super PI and Orthos.

Here is one shot I found. Tracers 667 @ 2.4. I love Ballistix and the Tracers are cool.

ballistix6671000rx2.th.jpg

I've tested this board for a client, I've used the NFM2 personally as well, and he will be very happy. BTW, I don't care for PI times. I run various programs while I'm testing. As long as it passed I'm fine. If the PC feels slow then I'll run it alone.

This same chip is in the EVGA I received this week and running at 2.4 easy. At 1st try I didn't even realize that it was running at 2.5+ because of the multi (9.5). I just used the same numbers as the Abit NMf2 fsb at the 9 multi on the EVGA and it booted! I dropped it a bit to 2.4 though. Weird thing is that it was stable. No freezes or random boot ups... I will try soon to see if I was able to get a better OC on the EVGA vs the Abit.

have 8/29 bios which is latest on dfi site, any suggestions otherwise? Im at the 533 divider to keep the ram at ddr2-800 for now till I sort this out.

make sure you install the latest bios for that board...there ARE timing issues with Brisbanes 1/2 multi on some bios's....

mostly with Metest and correct bios detection...

That Super Pi is a bit slow if your running anything higher than a 533 divider..

I am at 260x10.5 and on the 667 divider and I am getting 32sec 1M scores...;)

Have you had a non-brisbane CPU in the board or can you locate one to test.

I'm wondering if incorrect CPU microcode may be the culprit.

so what would that mean though, bios havent gotten an update from dfi since 11/10/2006 :( Cause I know the DFI infinity nf-sli-m2 board that I also have on the dfi website says the latest bios fixes compatibility issues with 3600 brisbane cpus...Its not really worth waiting for dfi is it

and a big thanks for all the replies so far :)

You're NOT using the latest BIOS. 3600+ @ ~30s @ 3.0GHz heavily ram limited.

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios..._FLAG=B&SITE=US

hey...

Here's what I have found so far on the Brisbanes...

They all clock very well...most of them will hit 3G's on a slight bump in vcore...

All of them will hit 2.8ghz on stock vcore (the ones I have tested)

What I have found is that you need to raise vcore to get the ram and controller to play nice...basically the controller is working alot harder than need be on the ram settings defaulted by bios...

Once you figure out the Correct ram timings these CPU's will scale really far on almost default voltage...

I had my TForce 550 at 265x10.5 and it used to require 1.35-1.375v to get her 12 hours Orthos stable...

Just playing with Timings I now have her at the same speed but 20 hours Orthos stable at 1.3v

Just ran another 20+ hours of Orthos at 250x10.5 at 1.25v...

seems the ram plays a bigger part that it would with regular A64's...it has allowed me to reduce the voltage a good amount I would say...

I am thinking of leaving it at 250x10.5 and seeing if it will go with 1.2v;)

trfc is the key so far....as it drops trc values also...

I set my trfc to 105ns and my trc goes from 18 to 26 on reboot...and it sails on less volts...

AsyncLatency play a good role also...my ram seems to like 8 (default is 4)

it just takes playing alot to figure it out...;)

I would very much like to try a DFI board before I bought one just to see how it would go...either a Lanparty 570-590 or a Infinity in the same...

I tried a Epox NF570 and it capped at 250mhz for CPU speed and is auto set by the bios...It detects what it thinks the maximum clock would be and sets it up according to that...

It gave me 250 for the 4000+ but not sure what it would give me for the 3600 as I dont have another one to test with...;) They keep selling to fast in the forum to snag another one...

thanks guys, Didnt see the beta bios before. Bowtie your def right about the brisbanes. I sold the board, picked up a 680i-a1 and an e6600 for good measure. Will be folding 24/7 whichever clocks higher the rig in my sig or the 680i one! Thanks