WTB CCBBE Opty

douirc

I'd like to upgrade from my X2 to an Opty that does 2.9+. I'm willing to pay $150 for a solid oc'er that's 24h prime stable.

I just recieved a CCBBE opty 170 From Newegg 2 days ago. Prices have jumped up so you may be paying more than $150 especially for a chip with known stepping and good OC'er.

Can't touch mine for anything less than $250 seeing as the egg has them now for $289.

wha?! newegg raised prices again? wtf..

Newegg doesn't sell CCBBE's anymore! The send some weird srtepping atm...think it's LCB9E

it depends on what warehouse you get it from too, trick is to _not_ order anything else but just the CPU.

wha?! newegg raised prices again? wtf..

it depends on what warehouse you get it from too, trick is to _not_ order anything else but just the CPU.

I ordered a DFI motherboard and Zalman CNPS9700 heatsink with my Opteron 165 all together and got the stepping you see in my sig. :eek2:

just ordered an opty 165 last night for $153, now its $160 and out of stock. I'll let you know the stepping I received.

EDIT: wait... why are you willing to spend $150 to get the possibility of an extra 100-200mhz oc? From a price/performance standpoint that is insane.

wait... why are you willing to spend $150 to get the possibility of an extra 100-200mhz oc? From a price/performance standpoint that is insane.

i guess i just wanted to try an opteron. i'm on my third X2 and am curious about the other side. honestly, i should just be spending my money on conroe, but the upgrade of motherboard and memory is just too much. i want a 680i with e6600 and DDR2 1000 CAS4 mem, but all that's gonna kill me, even if i do sell off my mobo, cpu and mem. so, might as well mess around with what's left, and i haven't tried an opty yet.