eVGA Replacement Card

RAINMAKA

My 7900GT like many other people has had its share of problems. I just recieved a email saying they shipped out the new card with the part number 512-P2-N573-BR. I looked on newegg and found this 7900 GTO with a similiar part number but with a -AR instead of a -BR.

Does anybody know what the difference means and if one is better than the other?

The 7900GTO should be better card than my 7900GT right? If so Im pretty pumped that they are sending me this card then another 7900GT.

It may be that the difference between the -AR and -BR is that the latter of the two may very well be the latest revision of the card, since you said many other people were having problems with it as well. That's what I'm going to bet. Correct me if I'm wrong though please!

It may be that the difference between the -AR and -BR is that the latter of the two may very well be the latest revision of the card, since you said many other people were having problems with it as well. That's what I'm going to bet. Correct me if I'm wrong though please!

7900GTO is nothing but a GTX with slower memory modules...they run at 1320mhz rather than the 1600mhz from the GTX...now when you overclock the memory from the GTO it reaches easily 1600mhz maybe more...so you got yourself a nice GTX in disguise...

:-)

I had a GTO that now was stepped up to a 8800gts...hehehehe its memory reached 1600mhz which was the limit of the coolbits slide bar...