Rainbow Six: Vegas (Hamachi Co-Op play)

Angry_Games

Im soooo buying this when i can. Money is a bit tight atm but next cheque should be no problem. Vegas2 should be hittin the shelves pretty soon, no? Maybe that will knock a few bucks off this one :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im soooo buying this when i can. Money is a bit tight atm but next cheque should be no problem. Vegas2 should be hittin the shelves pretty soon, no? Maybe that will knock a few bucks off this one :)

forget Vegas2 as it only has 2-player co-op and who knows what else they xxxxing raped from the game grrrr

Specifically Angry, or I suppose anyone who knows the game:

Would it be a decent idea to run a standalone box for multiplayer on a:

WinXP

A64 3500+ Venice Stock

1GB DDR400

eVGA 7900GT?

Thanks for the info

yep, dedicated servers will run just fine

here's our dedicated RS Vegas server specs:

Asus 975

PentiumD 930 (3.0Ghz dual core)

2GB DDR2-800

7800GTX

2x80GB SATA RAID-0

runs like a champ (tends to crash here and there though, nothing you can do about it)

ps: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 = 2-player co-op only in STORY mode...the Terrorist Hunt will be 4-player co-op!

I was wondering if you guys successfully ever got any version above 1.04 running. I'm having the problem where we can't see each others games on our "free" hamachi server. We tried the retail patch (Don't know exactly what it was though), and the 1.06 patch. Neither of them could we see each others games.

Your first post is kind of confusing saying you run 1.04 and then later sayng you run 1.05.

Did you guys every get this running on anything higher than 1.04? My friend and I just tried this with a free hamachi using the retail out-of-the-box game and 1.06 to no avail. According to this, you guys only got it working on 1.04 right?

all right kids, I've uninstalled and put back on Rainbow Six Vegas 1.04 and we'll see if it works through Hamachi. Probably gonna be a Hamachi problem, not a Vegas problem, but let's find out.

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83152

for Hamachi + Vent info

Gonna play some RS Vegas Terrorist Hunt co-op right now...two slots open..

looks like it. see that the first post has 1.04 and 1.05 mentioned, so i can see your confusion. I remember A_G talking about Vegas/Hamachi, and I believe its 1.04 ftw.

There was actually a problem and i couldnt connect to A_G's game. It didnt show up in the server browser. I read on the hamachi forums that it might have been an update to the program that is making it not work and reverting back to an older version of hamachi may fix it. I dont know if everyone has to have the same version of hamachi to createjoin a network, but if so, that sucks. I would be curious to test it though