Rainbow Six: Vegas (Hamachi Co-Op play)

Angry_Games

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I've tried playin Rainbow Six Vegas using Hamachi, so far never actually work out. We can't see the created game. We use nocd patch and virtual drive with no luck, also we disable all firewalls, is there anythin i miss?

I never use the tunnel option in Hamachi, should I? Maybe the way i create game is not right, should i set dedicated to YES? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I've tried playin Rainbow Six Vegas using Hamachi, so far never actually work out. We can't see the created game. We use nocd patch and virtual drive with no luck, also we disable all firewalls, is there anythin i miss?

I never use the tunnel option in Hamachi, should I? Maybe the way i create game is not right, should i set dedicated to YES? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

once we all patched to 1.05, Hamachi was unable to allow us to connect anymore =(

Haven't tried in a while, but possibly might try it this weekend with my buddy down in California to see if anything has changed (keep in mind though we use Premium Hamachi accounts which allow direct tunneling)

Guest SuppA-SnipA

why do we use hamachi in the first place?

couldnt we just make a real server? and i lost my disc:(

why do we use hamachi in the first place?

couldnt we just make a real server? and i lost my disc:(

we use hamachi because we get direct tunneling to server from clients, which is awesome when you only have 256k or 384k upload limits...going normal internet, the lag can get very ugly (using hamachi you can reduce your hop count by upwards of 75% sometimes)

lol if you lost your disc...that's bad.

once we all patched to 1.05, Hamachi was unable to allow us to connect anymore =(

Haven't tried in a while, but possibly might try it this weekend with my buddy down in California to see if anything has changed (keep in mind though we use Premium Hamachi accounts which allow direct tunneling)

Hmm i see, me and my friends are using the latest one which is 1.06 i think, hmm i guess that could be the problem huh, so it works on 1.04 patch?

Hmm i always thought it could be Hamachi's problem as i've encountered one problem with Warcraft3, after updating to the latest version 1.0.2.5 we all can't see each other's game! Even tried downgradin to version 1.0.2.3 which worked earlier, no luck too, after many research, found out 1.0.1.5 will make it work again, hmm i'm really puzzled as to why this happen :x

Hmm, so you're using the premium ones...hmm well hehe we're using the free one, hmm do you think that's the reason why we can't use it on Rainbow Six: Vegas?

Also found out that in most cases, if you can't see the created game in the lobby, you can direct IP connect to the host hamachi IP, that will usually work, it will probably work on Vegas if Direct IP connecting is available :)

Thanks all.

we are going to be trying some Hamachi + Vegas here pretty soon, this weekend most likely. I'll give it a shot and see if we can get it working. We are still using 1.05 patch + 700MB map pack.

Oh ok good luck, let us know how it goes! Maybe i can try it myself if i'm free :x

actually now it looks like we are going to see if Reinvented can get us a 4-player co-op Terrorist Hunt server up:

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82741

We'll be using the big 700MB map pack as usual, as well as the 1.06 patch (but I've asked him to NOT install punkbuster for it as I refuse to install punkbuster on any computer these days...it's very invasive like Starforce, iTunes, AOL, Yahoo, etc.

• 1 month later...

all right kids, I've uninstalled and put back on Rainbow Six Vegas 1.04 and we'll see if it works through Hamachi. Probably gonna be a Hamachi problem, not a Vegas problem, but let's find out.

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83152

for Hamachi + Vent info

Gonna play some RS Vegas Terrorist Hunt co-op right now...two slots open..