R600 BENCHED! Just as expected.

Thraxz

***DISCLAIMER BECAUSE PEOPLE TEND TO BE STUPID AND NOT READ***

THIS IS THE OEM VERSION OF THE CARD ONLY... THE RETAIL WILL BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND 3" SHORTER!

***END DISCLAIMER***

http://www.overclock.net/news-overclockers...0-unveiled.html

Some more info on the card.

Wow, it's not just 12" long PCB, it's the fan that hangs over too. I may have to get right-angle plugs for my SATA ports. Like you said it's the OEM version only, but because the fan hangs over there's no telling how long the retail version will really be.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are cards continually getting longer? Shouldn't they be getting fatter and having better heatsinks on them? What's the point of longer? I don't understand :( LOL

Most likely to eliminate the need for extra PCB layers.

A 12" 6 layer PCB would be much cheaper than a 6" 12 layer PCB and likely outperform it because of a more diffused EMF effect.

That card looks insane. Although I'm sure there still working on a lot of improvements for looks of the card and fine tunning it.

I guess all we can do is wait thats all we can do now. Then when it comes out the world will end and we will see the true power behind the card, and see some more reviews and total maxed out comparisons.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read through this thread...

R600 sounds good, probably will be by Rev 2.

G8 series also very good, drivers a bit of an iffy though if you run Vista (so many delays, quite embarrassing).

What is the difference? Slight in most cases I would guess taking like for like. One man's (or ladies) FSAAX2^(wet dream ratio) is another man's (or ladies) (FSAAX2^(wet dream ratio))/ 2 + HDR.

Anyway should we seriously consider buying this current gear when very soon we will be faced with multi CPU madness. Intel entering the graphics market (ignoring their onboard stuff). AMD swallowing ATI resulting in the CPU, GPU breeding program called Fusion. What next Nvidia making CPU's. And on top of al this we will be faced the separate, external GPU only box making using of external PCIE's. Is the general purpose computer mutating and dying? What next?

My mate thinks his green 200BHP car is faster than my 200BHP red car. Faster at what acceleration, top speed, burning fuel, getting loud, giving him a stiffy, getting his wallet empty.

Time for more wine I think.

P.S - I'm suffering burn out from my last upgrade choice, CPU or GPU. Oh the madness of it all...