IE7, is it me or is my whole system dying?

red930

I have " the new and inproved" IE 7 installed on my machine.

And since im running it, its clogging my system, atleast it feels like that.

At first i thought...nah cant be that bad...maby i need to get used to it, but no go there it still feeling wrong so to speak.

It takes ages before my machine loads a site, i cant multitask anymore like im used to do, how did you do? you might ask...

Running wow and 3 websites and xfire or media player never felt like im putting my machine to its top of performance

Now i cant open 1 site anymore with wow running, not even talking xfire or mediaplayer anymore....

any id's?

• 4 weeks later...

An update from me, although utterly late, i know but still...

I went firefox yesterday and so far im very happy.

didnt take off IE, if thats even possible, since it is still "good" to use it for updating windows.

Im on FF 1.5.0.9. dont know where you guys found 2.0, but when i redo my windows wich i hope will be soon, ill searc for the 2.0

Again thanks to all those who replyed here and help me sort out my system:)

and sorry for beeing late

• 4 weeks later...

In ie7 ,shut off the anti-phishing. Hows this for snooping by MS. When you go to a site, your directed to a MS server to see if the site your visiting is on their database, then you get the go ahead if its OK if its not then you will get a warning. I believe in Firefox it installs a text file with known phishing sites which is much faster.

In Vista their is 2 ver. of Ie7 one loaded up with bloat ware that slows your trip on the net and one that is, as far as I know totally clean of any garbage other then for browsing and speed wise its different then night and day.The Icon even says "Internet Explorer(No add ons) ".:)