AndyOCZ is back!

AndyOCZ

Smoken_Joe, if you are running stock voltages and speeds you don't need watercooled RAM. If you are pushing your memory with extra voltage or running high buss speeds you are creating more heat than the memory chips are designed to run at. Heat can cause RAM failures and heat will limit overclocking. We know that every CPU's won't run faster even if you cool it better and the same will apply to RAM, but reliabilty over a long period of high voltage and/or high overclocking should be greatly improved. As a rule you should see better maximum overclocks with watercooled memory.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the time or the patience.

No kidding, I'm still kicking myself for not sending in the $75 rebate on my Redlines (sorry), but when I got them I just didn't give much of a damn....new toys and all....

Probably need to switch to OCZ soon as I got some DD500 2x1GB Gold sticks that are pushing DDR600 on a roommate's rig....luck of the draw I guess. :)

Or maybe I'm just that badass.... :D

Glad to see you back Andy. Hey if you ever run into Ryder, make sure you say hello for me. OCZ did a great job replacing my defected OCZ Modstream with one of those new GameXstreams. Have a good one!

Sounds like a nice trade up to me. :) I'll let Ryder know.

I just want to ask who is the importer in Romania?cause for a while I knew who it was but now I lost it.Anywayz maybe I would buy some OCZ ram I alwayz wanted something else then Corsair,Geil,Kingmax,Kingston but unfortunettly I can't really find it.I really agree to the ppl herr you really are honest from what I see and I can't overlook that.Good to have you back all do I can't say I know you.

I just want to ask who is the importer in Romania?cause for a while I knew who it was but now I lost it.Anywayz maybe I would buy some OCZ ram I alwayz wanted something else then Corsair,Geil,Kingmax,Kingston but unfortunettly I can't really find it.I really agree to the ppl heer you really are honest from what I see and I can't overlook that.Good to have you back all do I can't say I know you.

Hello, please go the OCZ webiste and see Contact OCZ. The sales department has an email link there and they will be glad to help you with locating OCZ memory in your country. Thanks

It does, but there's a much better way to handle it. Just discount the price up front and skip the rebates. Much less work for everyone.

As was said, many people dont send the rebates. And for the people who do, loss is made up by 'the float'. Its the same technique business owners use for paychecks. Postponed paychecks mean that money spends more time in the bank, hence more interest. Same goes for rebates. While your money is sitting in the company's bank, it earns interest, which the company keeps.

That's why a lot of companys pay on Friday at 5. Because it won't clear for another 3 days. If you got paid on Wednesday, it would clear thrusday, no interest for the company.

Ok got it.Thnx anywayz one more question do you have micron based memory products that arent quite in the high end section?Let's say like 2x512MB memory that can do ddr1000 at 4-4-4 at 2.5v or smthn close?Or ddr1000 at 5-5-5 at 2v or 2.1?I would prefer micron based.It's not necesary that the speeds to be officialy supported but to be micron based.