Bios for CFX3200-DR

Guest geesosa73_merged

Guest geesosa73

I brought a CFX-3200-DR during the NEWEGG 89.99 sale. I currently own a DFI LANPARTY UT NF4-D which has given me zero problems. I have also purchased a X1950 PRO which I plan to use in Crossfire. My question is is there a BIOS beside the Date Code 2006/07/28 File R5UD728.zip Size 406,406 bytes?

Also, I would like to know how everyone feels about swapping out the nForce4 board for the crossfire chipset.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd say the lanparty is good. you just cant use the ULI1575(sata3.0g) chipset for the sata hd. you have to use the SIL3114 chipset(sata1.5g). might wanna get another gb of ram too... running crossfire with 1gb of ram kinda dinky... the 520watt power supply might be not enough... you have to check the 12volt rails for around like 30-40 amps or so i think.. other than that i think your set. you just gotta be careful though cause the the ULI chipset is all wacked up and you cant run raid or even sata on it without getting errors. and you have the disable the uli's sata ports otherwise you'll get a rom overload. DFI didnt put enough flash ram on so you cant have the ULI sata and the SIl sata on at the same time otherwise it wont load right. yea i'm kinda ranting right now. reply if you have any other issues but that should be about it for your rig.

I'm running my Raptor and my Seagate SATA 2 HDD on the ULi chipset.. I don't have problems.

The 520W should work.. however as I haven't had any experience with it I don't know. A lot of users put a real heavy load on it and still are able to overclock their processors quite nicely.

EDIT: After looking at your specs, I wouldn't hesitate on running the Crossfire setup with your 520w OCZ. Don't depend on my advice.

and honeykun, make a sig as you agreed to in the rules (try reading them).

Guest geesosa73

Thanks for the responses. I am just concerned about swapping out this nForce 4 board that has been excellent for a board that has obvious problems with raid/sata. I am only running one hard drive which I hope will help. I have also looked at the OCZ GameXStream 700W as a replacement for my psu. My current PSU has one +12 rail and is rated at 28 amps. I think I can work out the potential problem with the hard drive. I have searched the bios forum for an ATI CFX3200-DR bios and I haven't come across anything. So I guess the most recent bios on the DFI website is the most practical?

The OCZ GXS 700W is one of the most recommended PSUs anyone here at the forums will recommend to you. It is an excellent unit.

The most current BIOS for the CFX-3200 is the one dated 7/28/06. Whatever BIOS revision you receive should be good, but it is nice to have the latest version. I myself have an older BIOS (4/25/06) that works very nicely.

i'd say the lanparty is good. you just cant use the ULI1575(sata3.0g) chipset for the sata hd. you have to use the SIL3114 chipset(sata1.5g). might wanna get another gb of ram too... running crossfire with 1gb of ram kinda dinky... the 520watt power supply might be not enough... you have to check the 12volt rails for around like 30-40 amps or so i think.. other than that i think your set. you just gotta be careful though cause the the ULI chipset is all wacked up and you cant run raid or even sata on it without getting errors. and you have the disable the uli's sata ports otherwise you'll get a rom overload. DFI didnt put enough flash ram on so you cant have the ULI sata and the SIl sata on at the same time otherwise it wont load right. yea i'm kinda ranting right now. reply if you have any other issues but that should be about it for your rig.

I disagree with your statement about not being able to use the ULI chipset for Sata. My boot drive is a 74 GB WD Raptor and it runs on the ULI Sata just fine. I have been running for quite some time without problems.

Jason

I disagree with your statement about not being able to use the ULI chipset for Sata. My boot drive is a 74 GB WD Raptor and it runs on the ULI Sata just fine. I have been running for quite some time without problems.

Jason

that's good to hear :D, my CFX3200-DR comes tomorrow UPS. I will be using the ULI sata. It's a Western Dig Sata II hd drive.

Guest geesosa73

No complaints about the install. Board swap complete in about 20 mins. Spent more time holding for a MS customer service rep to give me a new activation code. Anyway, I can only run at 270 X 10. I haven't been able to boot into XP at 300 X 9 even when I change the divider. This bios has quite a few additional features that my DFI LANPARTY UT NF4-D doesn't have. Anyway I think based on the price, I came out in pretty good shape.

No complaints about the install. Board swap complete in about 20 mins. Spent more time holding for a MS customer service rep to give me a new activation code. Anyway, I can only run at 270 X 10. I haven't been able to boot into XP at 300 X 9 even when I change the divider. This bios has quite a few additional features that my DFI LANPARTY UT NF4-D doesn't have. Anyway I think based on the price, I came out in pretty good shape.

Congratulations on the success of your new build. I know that my processor will clock like crap - nice job even at 2.7ghz.

Now that I read your post clearly, why are you trying 300x9 when you can get in at 270x10? Dividers? kinda tired, so if I don't make sense sorry.

Guest geesosa73

From what I've read in the forums here I thought that overclocking was the highest stable FSB with the lowest possible multiplier? I have been changing the memory divider to 180/166/150 in order to stablize my 4400+ at [email protected]. Right now I have to run the divider at 166 for my pc to run stable in the XP environment. I have also loosened the memory timings to 3-4-4-8 and 2.5-3-3-8. I just ran prime95 for 27 hrs. with no problems so I guess my CFX3200-DR setup is good to go.

From what I've read in the forums here I thought that overclocking was the highest stable FSB with the lowest possible multiplier? I have been changing the memory divider to 180/166/150 in order to stablize my 4400+ at [email protected]. Right now I have to run the divider at 166 for my pc to run stable in the XP environment. I have also loosened the memory timings to 3-4-4-8 and 2.5-3-3-8. I just ran prime95 for 27 hrs. with no problems so I guess my CFX3200-DR setup is good to go.

not always the lowest possible multiplier. i sure as hell would not like to have my 3700 run stock at 4x550. memory timings do not matter because the memory controller is on the chip, so there is no timing delay as there is in older setups that utilize the north bridge for memory transfers.. something along the line of that.

i would be happy with 2.7ghz on a 4400+. if it's prime stable for over a day then i wouldn't worry about it. of course, that's just me :P