Bios for CFX3200-DR

Guest geesosa73_merged

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff on this thread. I too got the great deal... though my wife will not let me open till Christmas. Small price to pay for such a lovely piece of hardware.

I would recommend having at least one IDE hard drive. I'm havng all types of trouble with only SATA, basically the MOBO won't recognize the HDD and I can't load my OS.

Guest geesosa73
i would be happy with 2.7ghz on a 4400+. if it's prime stable for over a day then i wouldn't worry about it. of course, that's just me :P

I am satisfied with 2.7 at 1.45 volts. I had my reservations about purchasing this board, but both boards (I also own a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D) have been trouble free. I am a satisfied with both of my DFI purchases.

We'll see how the Crossfire works when I get my new PSU and GPU!

I am satisfied with 2.7 at 1.45 volts. I had my reservations about purchasing this board, but both boards (I also own a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D) have been trouble free. I am a satisfied with both of my DFI purchases.

We'll see how the Crossfire works when I get my new PSU and GPU!

Glad to hear everything's been working out for you alright.

What PSU are you getting?

Guest geesosa73

I already ordered the OCZ gamexstream 600W, it will be here on Monday. If I have any problems, I return it for the Corsair HX620. The HX620 is getting super reviews, but the OCZ was about 40 bucks cheaper and there was a $18 rebate if you brought it by 11/30. The OCZ 600/700 PSU have been getting good reviews too. I really like the +12 rail (18A) X 4. I used the PSU wattage calculator http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp and came up with 592 watts for my system including the additional X1950 PRO.

Is that so? 592w?

I only came up with 448w on my system when I had my Opty plugged in...

Right now, 373w with my overclocked 3700.

Went to Fry's to handpick my Opty 165, so I'm gonna plug that in and see how it goes...

Anyways, the OCZ should do you wonders. Good luck with it.

Guest geesosa73

Yeah my setup is overclocked, watercooled, and I have cold cathode lighting. I also anticipate keeping the PSU for a least one year. Those features were factored into the total wattage. We'll see what happens with the PSU.

Chubbyfatazn have fun with the setup tonight.

Yeah my setup is overclocked, watercooled, and I have cold cathode lighting. I also anticipate keeping the PSU for a least one year. Those features were factored into the total wattage. We'll see what happens with the PSU.

Chubbyfatazn have fun with the setup tonight.

Hmm... that seems a bit too high... I inputted my system (with an opty 165 anticipated at 2.8ghz, 1.4v) and got 561w. Ah well. Those things aren't the most accurate.

Thanks for the support!

BTW, what stepping is your 4400? The 89w versions are sposed to be beastly.

Guest geesosa73

The next time I take my system down I'll get the stepping for it.. When I get my new X1950, I'm going to redo the water lines and fluid. I'll look for it then. Here are the results of the wattage calculator. I changed the PSU utilization from 100% (peak power) to 85% and it dropped the number from 592 to 523 watts.

System Type: Dual Processor

Motherboard: High End - Desktop

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2200 MHz 1.35v -(89 Watts)

Overclocked: 2700 MHz, 1.45 V

CPU Utilization (TDP): 85% TDP

RAM: 2 Sticks DDR SDRAM

Video Card: ATI Radeon X1950 Pro

Video Type: Crossfire

SATA HDD: 1 HDD

CD-RW Drive: 1 Drive

DVD-RW/DVD+RW Drive: 1 Drive

Fans

Regular: 2 Fans 80mm; 2 Fans 120mm;

LED: 2 Fans 80mm; 2 Fans 92mm;

Cold Cathodes: 3 Cathodes

Motherboard, keyboard and mouse: Yes

PSU Utilization: 85 %

Capacitor Aging (+ W %): 20 %

Total: 523 Watts

The next time I take my system down I'll get the stepping for it.. When I get my new X1950, I'm going to redo the water lines and fluid. I'll look for it then. Here are the results of the wattage calculator. They appear to be higher this time..

System Type: Dual Processor

Motherboard: High End - Desktop

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2200 MHz 1.35v -(89 Watts)

Overclocked: 2700 MHz, 1.45 V

CPU Utilization (TDP): 85% TDP

RAM: 2 Sticks DDR SDRAM

Video Card: ATI Radeon X1950 Pro

Video Type: Crossfire

SATA HDD: 1 HDD

CD-RW Drive: 1 Drive

DVD-RW/DVD+RW Drive: 1 Drive

Fan Controller: Yes

Fans 2 Fans 120mm;

Regular: 2 Fans 80mm;

LED: 2 Fans 80mm;

Cold Cathodes: 3 Cathodes

Motherboard, keyboard and mouse: Yes

PSU Utilization: 100 %

Capacitor Aging (+ W %): 20 %

Total: 618 Watts

Ah yes, I forgot you were going to run an Xfire setup...

I wouldn't take it too seriously, the 600w should run your setup fine.

I hesitated on picking up the more-expensive Corsair unit I cu rrently have in my setup, but it was worth it. I was reading over at HardOCP (don't flame me lol) that Redbeard (I think he's Yellowbeard here) was running an 8800GTX SLI setup on the Corsair 620w... if I ever do get an 8800GTX I guess I'll be relatively OK.

I was reading over at HardOCP (don't flame me lol) that Redbeard (I think he's Yellowbeard here) was running an 8800GTX SLI setup on the Corsair 620w... if I ever do get an 8800GTX I guess I'll be relatively OK.

Yeah, the Corsair 620w should be fine for 8800GTXs until DX10 drivers and games come out.

And Redbeard is not Yellowbeard. Redbeard has been around a bit longer.