Tell the truth...when you going to buy the 8800s?

kbruno

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps when I finish FEAR as it holds no advantage over ATI. If I buy it though you can bet the ATI will be out in 2 weeks and twice as fast with my luck.

16x AA and 128-bit HDR on a single card... two advantages over ATI. ATI's R600 won't be released till at least Feburary. Hopefully by then, nVidia will release an updated card.

Guest element

I might succumb if I can get a GTS with a after-market cooler. So it doesn't block the SATA ports on my ultra-d. As that would make it a little pointless. G80 but no 500GB HDD pffft. That and I need to know if a 2.6 or 2.4 A64 is a bottleneck.

To be honest, when I have to. Are you insane? I'm not even running SLI yet, and I don't have any issues at all with anything. I'll admit that it's a powerful card, but I don't foresee needing one until Vista SP1, if you're going to jump on the Vista wagon like a good little tool, hehe.

Yeah, games will eventually require it...or will they? Has there been an anouncement that XP and the current gpu's won't support DX10 at all? Given that XP started out at, what, DX6, and supports 9.0c, I can't think that DX 10 won't be available at all for XP. After all, XP SP2 is still going to be on the supported list untill at least Vista SP1...

I can't think that DX 10 won't be available at all for XP

If it is it would have to be some kind of software emulation layer. It's hard to imagine that there wouldn't be a significant performance hit doing that. A good portion of DX10 needs the Windows Vista Display Driver Model to function. I can't see Microsoft investing the money necessary to rewrite DX10 (if it would even be possible) for an operating system that will be considered by them as obsolete.

You will never see DX10 on XP. Some rumor floated around that there is a DX9.0L which would be "DX10 for XP OMG!!!!!11" but no, that has long since been shot down. You can look up all the technical reasons why it's impossible to ever see DX10 on XP. It will be Vista only, that much is guaranteed.

Soul is still bad, buying stuff is good for the soul (lol)... so me buy stuff = me happy :D

I am moving into a new house, which I haven't bought yet (hmm)... I am still undecided where, but probably in a couple of months, maybe January next year I will be living there... and THEN, new system and a couple 8800GTX's... I deserve it, I have been good and some people have been bad to me... so to hell with them, cause I have a more powerfull gaming rig hehe ;)

Actually I don't need it, and if I buy it will be for my own interests and reasons... to hell with everyone! that actually is true :)