Check this out!

HITandRUN

hope you budgeted for a 1000w or better power supply then....

I have a friend who put 2 PSU's in his case. Turned out quite well.

I think both are 550w Antec Neo's. Cooler Master cases are massive lol.

I do see the downside of having to have 2 power outlets for the single PC, but it is a good solution.

GeForce 8800GTX : 7 TCPs chip, 384-bit memory interface, hybrid water/fan cooler, water cooling for overclocking. US$649

Oh wtf, comes with water cooling. Now I suppose you have to buy the pump separately.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not getting this anytime soon -- I still need to wait for a LANPARTY board and the quad core CPU, and then of course wait to see how everyone likes it.

So I'm thinking it won't be till January that this thing actually happens.

And yeah I've budgeted for the PC Power and Cooling 1000w PSU, but I'm sure something else will come out before then.

8800 will probably be outdated by then. Anyways this may sound dumb but if directx8 cards did dx9 how come you know?

Guest SuppA-SnipA
Bah... two big. Too power hungry. Totally unnecessary for any games now or for years and years in the future.

clearly u have not heard of a game called Crysis, check gamespot.com or whatever, Crytek also said that ps3 wont have enough power to run it, and ps3 is around the cornor, and guess what, so is Crysis

Guest SuppA-SnipA

i am asuming the 8800gtx is dx 10? looks like it is, and the need for 4 hdd molex plugs? HOLY

Bah... two big. Too power hungry. Totally unnecessary for any games now or for years and years in the future.

Software companies are in buisiness to make money. No one in their right mind is going to develop any game that only 1% of systems can play. Talk about a money losing proposition.

[RANT]Excellent Point. You Know, Ive heard Angry rant about this before. It's not all about benchies guys. Although it does introduce some pretty sick opportunites to bragging rights, we dont all haqve a grand to drop on a graphics card that wont reach full potential for three years. By the time there's a need for this puppy, you kids will be drooling over the 1243423000 GTX, and this lowly 8800 will be $99. [/RANT]

Thanks for keeping us on the cutting edge thought! :P

In other news: even before the NDA has expired, the 8800GTX's are being recalled due to a problem with the switch between 2D/3D... essentially, they fails to switch the 3D speeds randomly.

[RANT]Excellent Point. You Know, Ive heard Angry rant about this before. It's not all about benchies guys. Although it does introduce some pretty sick opportunites to bragging rights, we dont all haqve a grand to drop on a graphics card that wont reach full potential for three years. By the time there's a need for this puppy, you kids will be drooling over the 1243423000 GTX, and this lowly 8800 will be $99. [/RANT]

Thanks for keeping us on the cutting edge thought! :P

LOL, i think there should be a RANT code, like the QUOTE or CODE code, so it puts it in a box ;)