Just got a new OCZ gameXtreme 700W

27floyd

I decided to get a new PSU to replace my Enermax Liberty.

Being the highest rated PSU on dfi-street I went with the OCZ.

Im doing some tests now but I also recently flashed to 704-2bta so ill have alot of tweaking to do.

So far 2.75GHZ @ 1.55v is where its at with 43C full load.

I have a question. What is considered to be the "max" comfortable voltage for a A64? Iv seen 1.65v used but is this realistic for long term use? Or is it for more something like a one time suicide run.....

Thanx for that info.

Im gonna stay with 2.7ghz @ 1.50v and work the ram timings for now.

Im gonna run a beachmark to confirm but would you expect

270x10 to be less powerful than 300x9 (with ram at 270mhz)

I guess im asking if HTT/FSB has a impact like in socket a days.

E3 Venice 3000+ @1.650v 2810mhz with a TT BigTyphoon

it's been crunching Rosetta and WCG projects 24/7 @ full load for over a year;)

I'm stuck at 1.55v or so with the X2 3800+, get to 1.6v and just way too much heat, even with a higher CFM fan. Time to go to water I guess, growing collection of bigTyphoons getting boring anyway.:P

Long-term for 1.65 is a shorter life-span for your cpu. As I've said before, who around here really hangs on to the same chip for that long anyways :) I know when 65nm quadcore comes out for AMD, I will be in line!!!

No kidding, screw Conroe LOL

I used to have my voltages at 1.66 for my 3800+ X2, but I discovered I was getting trigger happy with the voltages and could obtain the OC I have now with ~1.62 on h20 which is a wee bit safer. Oh, and temps are below 38 for load, around 24-26 idle. Great h2o is one thing, but when I stepped it up and made my air cooling great too then I noticed even a drop on my CPU/GPU which are on h2o.

boo