[DIY] Gaming Clan

DuTcH

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hint for XFIRE voice conferences.

1. Get a headset, it's darn near impossible to do a conference when there is an open mic on the set. Feedback through the speakers is terrible.

2. In your mixer panel, turn off 'stereo mix' if you have it, and make sure your mic is selected and not muted. (my auzentech sound card boots with the mic muted, also, the 20db boost sometimes kills my transmit power, I have to click it and unclick it in auzentech mixer panel). Test to see if you really need 'mic boost', don't use it if you don't have to.

3. Transmit as low as possible but still have others hear you.

4. XFire doesn't care what you selected as an audio device in your windows multimedia panel. You can select any sound device that is working in your windows confguration. So if you have two sound cards, you can use whatever one you like most. However, I've heard of general windows problems if you have two incompatible sound cards running at the same time.

5. In general, I keep off my XFIRE downloads for everything except xfire stuff.

6. Also, it seems they have fixed the Tools/Options/Advanced button and you can save advanced options for each game like, "+szx 1680 +szy 1050" for BF2 and hit apply and now it sticks instead of disappearing.

Well, I hope this helps a few people. Game On Dudes!!!

Thanks for the helpful pointers Zebra.

Now a question for all of you BF2 experts. I always thought there wasn't a way to make your infantrymen roll. But I'm seeing in games more and more players that are able to hit the ground and roll while they are firing. Anyone know the trick that makes this move work?

Second question. Anyone here know how to disable the frame rate cap in BF2? I was on a website the other day and a poster mentioned that he was able to disable his frame rate cap (currently 100fps). But I can't find the website again. Anyone know about this modification?

Now a question for all of you BF2 experts. I always thought there wasn't a way to make your infantrymen roll. But I'm seeing in games more and more players that are able to hit the ground and roll while they are firing. Anyone know the trick that makes this move work?

Didn't they kill the ability to do that with a patch quite some time ago? Maybe playing a unpatched version?

Anyway, all you do is go to prone while shooting/moving.

At least, that was how it used to work, I haven't played since shortly after the Special Forces add-on came out.

Didn't they kill the ability to do that with a patch quite some time ago? Maybe playing a unpatched version?

Anyway, all you do is go to prone while shooting/moving.

At least, that was how it used to work, I haven't played since shortly after the Special Forces add-on came out.

I'm not sure. I've never played the game without at least version 1.3 patch applied. I was just curious. As I'm moving through a game I see other players hitting the ground and rolling. I've tried every key combination and searched online for hours trying to find out. Maybe my player is doing it but I just dont see it in first person.

I know in older FPS games like DFBHD and JO when you rolled your first person view also rolled. It was kind of a cool effect. Maybe I'm just being a baby. If other people can roll, I want to roll to :)

How about my second question concerning frame rate locks in BF2? Any knowledge of how to turn that off?

any good experiences while gaming with this clan? please post any inparticular games that worked well? thanks

Dutch, could you restate your question, I could not quite understand what you are asking.

Did you mean DFI-Street clan? 'inparticular' ? thanks, Dylan

Its an in-game animation that happens when you go prone and move to the side at the same time.

Second question. Anyone here know how to disable the frame rate cap in BF2? I was on a website the other day and a poster mentioned that he was able to disable his frame rate cap (currently 100fps). But I can't find the website again. Anyone know about this modification?

Open Console and type 'game.lockFPS 999' (without the quote marks) where the new max Frame Rate will be 999. This will have to be entered every time you play BF2 tho' as it is not retained in the settings, its just a forced cmd.

Hope this helps

r4z

Evil,

You are a never ending repository of amazing information. Thank you. As for the frame rate lock, surely there is a cfg file hidding somewhere in that program where you can modify that setting. I'll start digging tonight. Even if it requires creating a shortcut for starting the game with the frame rate unlock command already enabled?

Yeah maybe, I know that you can change the PunkBuster check time and write that to the config file so, heh maybe you can with with that too...

BTW b4 anyone asks, go to console and type

pb_sleep 500 [press enter] pb_writecfg [press enter]

This will change your PB check time to the max allowed and can in most cases reduce any in-game lag caused by PB checking your game version every so often.

P.S. @Wev & Fahyed, Sorry guys I was a bit busy yesterday fighting in & server admining an official clanwar for the Evil-Fruits|so, couldnt rly chat :( catch up with you l8r tho' :D

r4z

np.

and the instructions that evil gives for the pb check really work. and once it's written to the con file in bf2 it stays there. it's only worth a few frames, but the game does seem to play a little smoother.

one important part of the instructions you give above though, is that you should apply those changes AFTER you have joined a server and spawned. preferably a ranked server.