Ie7

fariss

I don't think it is just a Microsoft issue. It is an issue with the core engines of the major browsers. The Ghecko (Mozilla) and Trident (Microsoft) engines seem to have the most problems with not only displaying accurately, but also defining things their own special way. Presto, the layout engine behind Opera, seems to be closer to proper display. Amaya is not bad either, with less browser features than Opera, but displays similarly as the Presto engine.

boo

Still, IE is a Microsoft product so there has to be something they can do about it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thespin

I updated to the production version of IE7 when it came out recently. It now loads faster than FireFox 2 ..

I updated to the production version of IE7 when it came out recently. It now loads faster than FireFox 2 ..

Hey, thanks! I downloaded and installed it as well and I can see a difference over the IE7 betas...not sure about FF 2 as I haven't installedc it yet LOL

boo

• 2 weeks later...

After installing IE7 my PC has been rebooting itself every now and again and 3days ago it failed to boot after one of its funny turns.

Also Paypal notifications would not display any images even after you click to download images in Outlook 2003.

I reduced the clock speed and tested the system with super PI then left prime 95 running all night and everything was ok.

I played around trying to find out what hardware component may have been breaking down at higher clocks which eventually lead to registry corruption and a format/re-load of XP Pro.

I installed XP & some basic apps setup e-mail etc & everything was running sweet for a day until automatic updates installed IE7 and the system started crashing booting again.

I removed IE7 today and all is well again.

I don’t think IE7 likes high fsb is anyone else having problems?

Found problem OCZ RAM going bad after 4 months at high FSB/MHZ 285 @ 2.5.4.4.10 reduced devider & went back to 230 MHZ 2.2.2.5

Sorry to dis IE7 & waste peoples time.

Re installed IE7 & updates lowered multiplier to 8.0 upped FSB to 375 and left Prime 95 running over night 14 hours all ok

IE7 is faster loads faster than IE6 for me.

Installed on two of my three pooters and it works perfectly... it even feels faster than the IE6.

I didn't try Firefox, and don't know all the stuff it had that made it better... but IE7 tabs thing is amazing and they are very helpful when working with more than 4 sites.

I don't think IE7 has anything to do with FSB or system overclock, however it might increase the system's unstability if its already like that. Also I think all the mayor security updates are necesary before installing IE7, and people whom didn't install these or have an "irregular" copy of XP are having problems with it; not all, being from Microsoft IE is going to be bad for some people and ok for others... its MS for god sake :)

Installed on two of my three pooters and it works perfectly... it even feels faster than the IE6.

I didn't try Firefox, and don't know all the stuff it had that made it better... but IE7 tabs thing is amazing and they are very helpful when working with more than 4 sites.

I don't think IE7 has anything to do with FSB or system overclock, however it might increase the system's unstability if its already like that. Also I think all the mayor security updates are necesary before installing IE7, and people whom didn't install these or have an "irregular" copy of XP are having problems with it; not all, being from Microsoft IE is going to be bad for some people and ok for others... its MS for god sake :)

I like it thus far, IE7, I never tried firefox, so i cant compare the two. But IE7 is a nice step up from ie6. The tabs are nice, although i would like it if i could move them to the bottom of the window. IT definitely needs more memory than previous IE versions, so I couldn't recommend it to people with older pc's. I'm also a fan of the easy read font they use, probably my favorite part!

as far as high FSB, mine is at 300, and i havent had any issues