Ati X1900XTX - ATi Tool - Cant Push the Memory Past 792 Mhz

Tropikal

I just wanted to see if anyone knows what is the memory chip brand and model (well model more than anything .. i know they re samsung chips) on the ATi X1900XTX. One of the guides that are linked in the 19xx overclocking thread talks about differnt chips rated at different speeds and at this point i m just wondering if my mem chips are not gona go over 800 mhz.

The reason i m asking is that after a few days of testing i cant seem to go past 792 Mhz with the memory and i see many others go up to 850.

I read, i read, i read and i tested (following papa Angry advice as usual) i followed mainly the Madshrimp guide and i got some useful tips on how to use ati tool.

I m currently using beta 15 and i havent encountered any bugs yet (or at least none that i ve noticed)

I tweaked the voltages for core and mem but thaat still doesnt help.. the core which is water cooled with a Maze 4 does 725 and up It crashes at 742. Swiftech heatspreaders on all the ram chips and some other heatsinks on the voltage regulators. I added a fan just under the card to see if cooling would make a difference.. none detected.

Suggestions at this point are MORE than welcome.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are you joking or being serious?

if you are being serious...

nah, you can't be being serious (asking why you'd want to overclock something)

LOL i had to quote that ..

Angry.. u have to know i already read the thread u sent me :P

I was trying to find out what could be the reason that MY particular card doesnt do more than 792 Mhz on the memory.. i tried asking the card itself.. she just wont answer me..

What precise voltages did you tweak to what values. That would be a bit more useful for us to help you.

I needed 2.15vmem to get to 850 on mine.

I also needed 1.5vgpu to get to 750 stable on mine.

HINT: DO NOT USE BETA 15... it sucks. 14 was the newest that I could successfully OC with. Also, make sure you turn off the 3d detection.

EDIT: That was probably the funniest post I've ever read from you Happy.

So you know, the GPU matters about 5-50x more than CPU speed in gaming 12x10 resolution and up. If you had a normal LCD monitor and had the choice between OCing your GPU or your CPU... the GPU.... hands down ... don't even have to think about it.

cutting ur cards life in half for extra 7 fps? even when ur gfx card, x1900xtx!!! can run it all cranked? so from 150 to 157? lmao

As opposed to cutting your CPU's life in half for what? (which is arguable) Next to no frames per second? And I can attest to OCing my GFX being a much greater diff between 150 to 157. For example in HL2 Episode 1 at 1600x1200 res with everything on high and 16x aniso and 6xAA... the difference between OC and stock on my xtx is more like 55 up to 80 average FPS and about the same amount on on my low FPS(which is what really counts, no choppy dips in game play.)