Ati X1900XTX - ATi Tool - Cant Push the Memory Past 792 Mhz

Tropikal

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful guys.

BTW... did you know that this board has a rep system now? (Not that anyone even looks at that . anyway)
asking users to add to your rep will not be tolerated

this violates the unwritten (soon to be written rule) rule of honesty and doing things because it is the right thing to do.

Asking other users to add to your reputation will be considered a violation of the rules once they are in place so do yourself and everyone else a favor and STOP doing it now, and alert me anytime you see anyone else doing it (doing nothing is just as bad as doing it yourself).

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=527390&postcount=34

You know when u said board i was thinking of the pcb of the card... ? lol

Anyway back to topic.. i might be able to get a slight better overclock with the beta 14 that is true.. but sometimes i cant even enable a profile.. screen goes black or cyan and i cant do anything afterwards.

I m going to go read some on the beta 14 to see if there s some known issues i should be aware of.

The thing is .. temps on core are never even at 50.. 48 i think is the max i ve seen with voltages to 1.525 on VGPU under load.. 37 idle.. yet i cant get stability and even the sinks on the ram chips arent hot..

EDIT: Let me restate that.. ati tool beta 14 keep crashing the system just for applying settings or loading a profile.. which obviously did not crash to begin with since it was saved in a profile.. not sure i want to keep using this..

That's because you aren't saving the voltage settings to the profile... are you?

Very rarely I get a crash (one in a hundred type of rare) when changing back to default from my OC after gaming.

First thing i do is to set voltages, apply them, save the voltages to the profile i want, set clocks for core and mem and then load it ..

when i have everything cranked on css, 1280 i get 80 fps, oc'ed to max is 87fps..

Lets just say your card can hit 100 fps and my 1900XTX can hit 150 fps with every setting the same as yours, then lets just say we both manage just 10% OverClock, your FPS would jumped to 110 FPS whilst mine now does 165 FPS, so you gained 10 fps and I gained 15 FPS but we both only achived 10% increase in FPS, so the better the GPU iin the first place the bigger the jump in FPS! hope this was easy for you to understand! :D