Ati X1900XTX - ATi Tool - Cant Push the Memory Past 792 Mhz

Tropikal

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of us don't overclock for performance, though it's a plus, the act of overclocking my CPU, memory, GPU, and GPU memory is fun in itself, the performance increase is just extra.

On topic boys! lol

Quoted cause that s just the way it is...

BUT can we get to the actual problem pls :D

What precise voltages did you tweak to what values. That would be a bit more useful for us to help you.

I needed 2.15vmem to get to 850 on mine.

I also needed 1.5vgpu to get to 750 stable on mine.

HINT: DO NOT USE BETA 15... it sucks. 14 was the newest that I could successfully OC with. Also, make sure you turn off the 3d detection.

EDIT: That was probably the funniest post I've ever read from you Happy.

I gave you a suggestion and asked for more info, man, but I can understand why you missed it.

Some cards just seem to have different maxes, much like different sticks of ram.

My cards memory doesn't OC much at stock volts. I was only able to get about 80MHz out of it. But the last step it was stable at was one of those low performance ones.

There might not be anything you can do if you've already tried upping the volts to the ram.

And I'll agree that OCing my gpu gave me way more performance in games than adding 600MHz to my cpu. And I only gave my vid card +56/36.5*2

I think I can agree quite a bit with darkorb. I mean, the x1900xtx is hot as hell stock. Well, hot as in fast AND hot as it HOT. :) If I was not running my card on h2o I would be running it at stock.

For about 80% of OC'ers on DFI-Street I believe we can classify the need to do so as a disease now. No real need, just insaness. And damn it's great to be so insane :P

As for O/P I would definitely get your votage readings to us. I had to up mine a good bit to get to where I am. The h2o really helps my card push higher voltages while maintaining stability and cool temps.

boo

Ok let me start all over and fresh .. i know u r all waiting for the Mushkin contest refreshing that page till the keys fall off the keyboard.. so in the meanwhile i ll give you something to think about..

I m sick! ok? i got the mad cowerclocker disease.. if u gave me a snail i d try to make it run faster than a gazelle.. now lets go past the "why" ..

My card is an actual ATi X1900XTX. Stock speeds for core/mem are 650/775 for 3d settings. Here s a few pics of the card:

Initial project:

picture004vp4.th.jpg

Actual result:

picture013ue4.th.jpg

Another shot - u can see the heatsinks on the voltage regulators

picture015df3.th.jpg

This is the guide i followed to try and overclock it: http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=gethowto&howtoID=61

It s one of those linked on the thread AG made about 19xx overclocking..

Now, i know the Tyee would work better but hey this is what i ended up with following the suggestions some of you gave me.. and i m not unhappy.. as long as i get to the bottom of this..

I played with voltage settings for vcore and mem up to 1.525 vcore and 1.213 for mem.. it did not make the slightest bit of difference. The memory will not go past 792.. while the core can go up to 742 before crashing but i m not really worried about that it s water cooled and i can push some more juice into it..

ps Thraxz yes i did miss your post.. sorry i hope there s enough details now.. i can try beta 14 i m not sure thats going to be any differnt, i havent had a problem with 15 except this one if you want to assume it s ati tool's fault.. Also i did not get the part where u said to turn off 3d detection.. ati tool now runs even with the ati services enabled if that s what u r referring to.. if that s not it i guess u r saying to run the profile manually every time u go to 3d applications ?

Pretty much, that 3d detection causes a lot of problems with ATItool. ATI tool has its own 3d detection tool too so you no longer need the ATI one fracking it all up. Hell, even the ATItool 3d detection tends to mess with stuff.

Also, try the 2.15v on that mem. Mine are unsinked and doing fine at that voltage. Since we've both got MAZE4 blocked cards they are pretty comparable. I was like you for a long time... unable to get a stable OC for gaming. I switched to 14 and blocked the ATI 3d detection and all went well since. Just give it a shot, seems that nothing your trying is working real well.

Pretty much, that 3d detection causes a lot of problems with ATItool. ATI tool has its own 3d detection tool too so you no longer need the ATI one fracking it all up. Hell, even the ATItool 3d detection tends to mess with stuff.

Also, try the 2.15v on that mem. Mine are unsinked and doing fine at that voltage. Since we've both got MAZE4 blocked cards they are pretty comparable. I was like you for a long time... unable to get a stable OC for gaming. I switched to 14 and blocked the ATI 3d detection and all went well since. Just give it a shot, seems that nothing your trying is working real well.

1 gold star to Thraxz !

You were right..the beta 14 does allow for a higher overclock.. i crashed at 829.. still not quite 850 but better than 792.. :)

Going to up the voltage now ;)