Vigor Gaming Monsoon II (754, 939, AM2, LGA775) TEC cooling!

Angry_Games

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would make sense, OldGuy.

How about modding a cutout on the mobo tray?

Consider how much more difficult that would be than just removing the mobo...it would definitely become a two man (or woman :) ) job. The first time I read Angrys post I didn't think much of it...but you are not mounting a bracket to mount the unit...you are trying to juggle the whole unit after making contact with the CPU and get it seated properly.

Hi OsamaBinAthlon,

The cooler should work with opteron. If I am not incorrect, opteron uses 940 socket and you should able to use the 939 bracket.

Steven

Depends on the retention mechanism really. If it won't put enough tension on the CPU it wont work properly, looking at the pics the retention set-up looks like it would work fine on a naked chip (I'd take the chance.)

RedBeaver,

Depending on what you have in our system. The Monsoon will take up to 50W (MAX) theoritically. However, it would probably only gobble up about 45W full load in reality. So, you have to see what you've got in your system before I can answer that question.

As for the fan, we are working on a solution. Right now, we don't allow any changes or control of the fan because of the management software. The management software will control the fan speed and TEC current to make sure condensation doesn't happen. Letting the user to control will negate the management software and in some instance, may cause condensation or other extreme conditions.

you could probably mount this on a bare cpu for the simple fact that it IS a bolt-thru design ;)

it does honestly take two people to mount it (maybe Steven knows better than I do, but I needed momma's help to get it mounted since it mounts from the bottom).

This isn't much of a negative for me though...once it's on, it's on and you won't want to take it off after you start nailing previously unachievable overclocks... ;)

you could probably mount this on a bare cpu for the simple fact that it IS a bolt-thru design ;)

it does honestly take two people to mount it (maybe Steven knows better than I do, but I needed momma's help to get it mounted since it mounts from the bottom).

This isn't much of a negative for me though...once it's on, it's on and you won't want to take it off after you start nailing previously unachievable overclocks... ;)

So are you in essence saying that this lil' bad boy is out performing your water cooled setups?

heh

I've had watercooling almost...2 years?

and this is the first time you've heard me even exclaim that I can hit 3Ghz+ on an AMD?

;)

Well spank that entry into gear and put it to the real test on a Conroe!!! Let's get to the real meat and potatoes!!! Between your 3.6 entry and my 3.6 entry we KNOW the Connie generates some serious heat...

RedBeaver,

Depending on what you have in our system. The Monsoon will take up to 50W (MAX) theoritically. However, it would probably only gobble up about 45W full load in reality. So, you have to see what you've got in your system before I can answer that question.

As for the fan, we are working on a solution. Right now, we don't allow any changes or control of the fan because of the management software. The management software will control the fan speed and TEC current to make sure condensation doesn't happen. Letting the user to control will negate the management software and in some instance, may cause condensation or other extreme conditions.

Thx for the reply, Vigor :)

My spec is on my sig... which basically consists a 2.9Ghz AMD X2, 2Gb DDR500, and 1x 7900GT@650/850... with 2x80Gb SATA harddrives... in theory, an extra 50W wouldnt be a problem... but then again... thats theory :)

heck but i'll still try it though........

BUT the big question remains :) where can i get it in Canada?