Vigor Gaming Monsoon II (754, 939, AM2, LGA775) TEC cooling!

Angry_Games

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually bypassed 3Ghz and went to 260x12 (3120Mhz) and have a 9h OC Database entry that needs to be put up...but unfortunately hockey games have started so you won't see an entry until the gamers are over and i get back to the computer lol

Awesome Angry!!! You got yerself a killer OC going there....Ya'll aint just gonna join the 3GGG club...yer gonna make a great big splash!!! Look forward to seeing that post...

I was gonna get another hard drive, but might opt for one of these instead ... $150 sounds good to me. How hard could it be to exchange the fan?

Edit:

Whoa Vigor was banned after 1 post? Guess he should have made a sig, or did that thing explode in Travis' rig? (JK)

Hi OsamaBinAthlon,

The cooler should work with opteron. If I am not incorrect, opteron uses 940 socket and you should able to use the 939 bracket.

Steven

I think he's using a "naked" (IHS removed) socket 939 Opteron 146. The post is referring to the difficulties associated with mounting a heatsink or waterblock on a bare cpu core. Some interesting methods have been improvised by crafty users on other cooling systems!

done!

Sweet! :)

ok, big edit on the ncix request post.. i want the AMD version! lol

and also, 2 questions (still remains) for Vigor:

- with my spec in the sig, and 500W Enermax Liberty, will it has enough juice to pump the TEC?

- can i replace the fan? :)

Un banned, hmm, I wonder what that was about...

Probaly needed to make sure it was really him before people go blowin' money based on some yahoos comments...

No offense Steven ;) Just takin a guess at the temporary ban...

Looks like a sweet product...if it performs near the level of my Freezone I think it will be a nice addition to my hardware collection. Just not thrilled with the way it mounts though I can see by the size of the thing it would probably be a real booger to mount it top side/get at the screws...

Probably needed to make sure it was really him before people go blowin' money based on some yahoos comments...

No offense Steven ;) Just takin a guess at the temporary ban...

That would make sense, OldGuy.

Looks like a sweet product...if it performs near the level of my Freezone I think it will be a nice addition to my hardware collection. Just not thrilled with the way it mounts though I can see by the size of the thing it would probably be a real booger to mount it top side/get at the screws...

How about modding a cutout on the mobo tray?