Unofficial F.E.A.R. Performance Test Chart & Discussion Thread

CharmedLover84

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little tweak here and there and... WAHLAH!

Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4Ghz / OCX PC800 @ DDR800 5-5-5-14-2T / 1900XTX @ 760/1710 / Intel DH965WH / Samsung 204B

55-112-315

c2dbitchth8.th.jpg

Hmm, I think I am convinced... I am going to upgrade, well actually build another system and then give away my smaller Socket A rig. To heal the soul all I have left is to build things... :(

Nice result btw

EEEEEENGH wrong my ram was ACTUALLY running at DDR533!

However, with more cajoling and fussing with the stupidest CMOS jumper setting I've ever encountered, I managed this, with DDR 667...

Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4Ghz / OCZ Gold PC8000@ DDR667 5-5-4-14-2T / 1900XTX @ 760/1710 / Intel DH965WH / Samsung 204B

c2dbitchtv6.th.jpg

And all that with a tinny x1950XTX??? Tehehe ;)

I am building a system around the E6800 and prolly an 8800GTX... I am scared about the power because I have two 8800GTX in mind :tooth:

And it's with a X1900 ;)

Yes, it's gonna be gigantic.

Most smartest thing you can do if you already have a power supply (like mine) that's ginormous, get a supplemental PSU that's specifically for the video cards, that's what I plan on doing. 300 watts, theyr'e available on newegg. I'll find it again and link ya to it, it's specifically for video cards. I figure if I buy one and use it for one card while my PSU powers my system and the other (when/if I get two 8800GTXs) and they'll handle it.

And 300w would be enough for two 8800GTX cards???? :confused:

I already have two PSU's on my system... the Epsilon 700w and a smaller Coolmax 400w. One is for main system, HDD's and Video while the other powers the fans, lights, water, CD-Rom, Floppy and the other stuff I forgot. When I tried the Epsilon on its own I felt the system ran out of power... I can only imagine it with two 8800GTX cards :eek2:

Hmm, what if instead of the Coolmax I put a GOOD one just for the two video cards... but it would be a mess in balance the Epsilon, or maybe not.

And 300w would be enough for two 8800GTX cards???? :confused:

I already have two PSU's on my system... the Epsilon 700w and a smaller Coolmax 400w. One is for main system, HDD's and Video while the other powers the fans, lights, water, CD-Rom, Floppy and the other stuff I forgot. When I tried the Epsilon on its own I felt the system ran out of power... I can only imagine it with two 8800GTX cards :eek2:

Hmm, what if instead of the Coolmax I put a GOOD one just for the two video cards... but it would be a mess in balance the Epsilon, or maybe not.

Not even close.

300 watts will suffice for ONE card. That's what I meant.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4812

I'm getting one. I'm listin' my cards on EBay ASAP. 11200 in 3DMark06 FROM ONE CARD. I'm sold.

And this:

Other GeForce 8800 series features include 128-bit HDR with 16x anti-aliasing and NVIDIA’s Quantum Physics Engine.

ATI's supremacy in the field of visual quality is OVER.

Nice?

GDDR4 + 128-Bit HDR/16x AA + ON BOARD physics engine? That's not nice. That's overkill ;) I love overkill LOL

OMG, you are like the brother I don't have!!!! ;)

And these are just PCIe 8x bandwith cards??? So anyone could run two like nothing??? Hehe, that means with a HUGE amount of power of course :sweat: