Unofficial F.E.A.R. Performance Test Chart & Discussion Thread

CharmedLover84

I dunno, DDR 586 at 2.5 cas will give my 492 1.5 cas a run for it's money.

Mmm, Only wish I could make this damned RAM run in this board like it did in the Asus (won't do it cuz the BIOS dun like TCCD I'm assuming).

Had it runnin' at 2.5-4-4-11 @ 640MHz, around 2.95Vs I think, maybe 2.9 even. This ram is awesome, this BIOS just don't like it LOL

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the eXpert wasn't made with TCCD in mind. You should have gone with the regular DR's for that. I however have been told from a very reputable source that the CFX is a super ram clocker which I believe will be freakin awesome for me. I hope so anyhow.

Ah well, who cares... it's all about the hardware you got right? Maybe I'll give this ram another try at ddr500 (what it was supposed to run in the first place.)

Mmm. Maybe instead of puttin' the Opty in that Asus board I'll splurge a bit since my Birthday is next month and get me a Regular DR, try out the Opty/TCCD in her.

Which BIOS would you recommend, the 704 for that?

I'm at least gonna try out the Asus/Opty/TCCD combination, see if I can at least find settings the Opty will be stable at at 2.9, cuz if I can find that out, it'll give me a basis to start off on on either my mobo or the DR if I get one. May end up having to buy some more AS5 with all this processor swapping soon, dunno how much longer my lil' 3.5 gram tube is gonna last LMAO

I'd invest in a set of BH-5 pick of the litters instead. Oops, did I just say that?

DDR540 BH-5 at 2-2-2-5-1T will own DDR 640 at 3cas not that you'd be running 3 cas. And you wouldn't have the fight the board tooth and nail for it either.

The 704 TBA2 seems the best for me.

Got the Opty/PC4800/6600GT system up and running, running benchies at stock to make sure she's good to go, then the OCing will begin... with a weakass 500W psu in her, I ain't expecting much til I get'er a better PSU.

It's already having power issues I think with just 1 video card (6600GT) one dvd burner, one hard drive, and the Opty at stock. LOL Poor Aspire POS PSU LOL

Anywho, runnin' 06 on it right now LOL Talk about a snooze fest, 7FPS on the first test I think will end up being the average... verses 37 on mine LMAO

I may end up spliting my 7900s between the two computers if I can get a PSU in the Opty system that'll handle it, I Know for a fact that 500 will probably blow itself up if I stick a 7900 in there on top of everything else in it. LOL I don't even know if it'll be able to handle that system at 2.9GHz with the RAM at 600 (full speed)

Guest thespin

I am not a Gamer ... but my Single ATI X700 Pro just refuses to quit: :)

No Sync : (18) 39 (84)

fearperformnovsync183984gl0.th.jpg

Sync : (18) 32 (71)

fearperformvsync183271xk8.th.jpg

AMD Opteron X2 4600+ @ 2.8GHz - OCZ PC3500 @ 200MHz, 2-2-3-6-1T - ATI X700 Pro @ 529/533, 8.282.0.0 drivers - DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR Expert (04-06-06 BIOS) - 1024x768 on ViewSonic G90f monitor @ 90Hz

It might blow up as is.

Yep, can't increase the CPU voltage or it won't boot in to windows, but I have gotten it to boot at 2GHz with no increase in volts.

Gonna run 06 and see what the diff is... definitely gonna see about gettin' a Fortron 550 or somethin' for it, LOL

I'll add your scores shortly spin ;)

Minimum 33 Average 55 Maximum 118

fearar2.th.jpg

V-Sync Off

Slagathor-AMD Opteron 165@2386-Mushkin XP3200 L2V2 2-2-2-5-1t@200mhz-1 7900GT CO SC-91.31 drivers-DFI Ultra D-Oskar Wu N4D623-2-19" Samsung 900SL 60hz@1600*1200

Max everything, 2xAA 16xAF Soft Shadows on

Just for kicks I'm gonna run the test on my sister's computer and the one I'm testing right now (Opty 165 @ 2GHz, 6600GT) see what they get.

I'll post'em here if I can get the screen captures to this compie... kinda wishing I had a network setup between them right now LOL

ADDED IN BY EDIT:

Just realized again that I have two computers, one power cord (between my sister's and the Opty system) so it'll haveta wait til that compie gets done with 3DMark06 at 2GHz, then I'll run it on there, then my sister's computer. Will post the results here.

SECOND ADD BY EDIT:

Min: 10 Avg: 26 Max: 63

CharmedLover84 (Secondary System) - AMD Opteron 165 @ 2GHz - OCZ PC4800 1GB @ DDR446 2.5-4-4-10 - Leadtek 6600GT @ 525/1050, 91.47 drivers - Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard - Dell 24" Widescreen LCD (Analog plug in)

I'll post a screenie and put it on the charts... eventually LOL