Bf2 Players Thread

wevsspot

I have 2 video.con files, one under 0001 folder and one under Default folder. They are both the same though..

Never modify the Default video.con folder. The Default folder is the one installed during the original game installation with all of the program defaults set.

The 0001 folder is the one actually saving your custom video settings.

After changing your video settings you should always go in and delete the video cache files. They can be found in;

C:Documents and Settingsuser namebf2modscache

You'll find a multi-character file name in there. Go ahead and delete.

Then restart your game. BF2 will re-optimize your shaders and such and create a new cache.

Now that in and of itself wont do anything to help alleviate your sluggishness in large multi-player games. So much of your online gaming performance will be directly affected by every other player in that server. Personally I look for the smaller servers (32 players or less) that have ping times below 100ms. Then once I'm in the server I check my ping as well as all of the other players. If I find any player ping above 175ms I just get out of that server.

I also use the Dlink Wireless Gaming Router DGL-4300. It helps to prioritize gaming traffic over other traffic on my network.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I look for the smaller servers (32 players or less) that have ping times below 100ms.

A man after my own heart, I rarely play 64 player servers however prefering 32 players on 64 maps and below 60ms for me.

Slightly on/off topic I just RMA'd my XFi today, finally, after what feels like a million tech support emails so I'm back to onboard audio having sold my Audigy 2 ZS last week (not that onboard is neccersarily bad just when I've had EAX surround its a bit harder to hear enemy sneaking up on ya!). Anyone had dealing with Creatives RMA at all? Please dont say it'll take ages as I'mmoving house in a week or two...

r4z

I play BF2 sometimes, mostly 2142 now. My BF2 name is RAGE Mr.Goodcents, 2142 is RAGE L00NY.

I just got a widescreen 20.1" LCD and I run 1680x1050 and was wondering if that was possible on my 7800 GT and what I'd have to do to run that. Thanks!

If you guys ever see me in game, watch out, and let me know you're from DFI. :spam:

Your 7800GT will definitely run BF2, it's just a matter of how much eye candy you may need to turn off and what levels of AA or AF you can run at 1680X1050 resolution.

You best bet is to download a nifty little utility called FRAPS. It's a nice (and did I mention FREE) utility that lets you see your in-game frame rates. You can capture screen shots as well as log average frame rates over a period of time. Really a nifty nifty little proggie.

Start adjusting your various eye candy levels until you can achieve 60fps or greater minimum frame rate. At first blush I'm guessing you will have to set all of your in-game video quality settings to medium, and turn off AA completely.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have start play BF2 again after a year break, can never decide if I like or hate it but yesterday night I had quit much fun.

But I have a problem since loaded patch end with .40, the game suddenly crash and in a second the game is terminated and I am back in window, yesterday it happends regular on Karkand, but after I tried Midway I could stay there for over an hour and no crash so it seems be server related more then my hardware.

Think I have heard about a server crash bug on one of the many exissting patches…what patch should I use????

(not that onboard is neccersarily bad just when I've had EAX surround its a bit harder to hear enemy sneaking up on ya!).

r4z

That is what has made it worth every penny too me.

I was able to hear footsteps behind me much more clear once I turned all the in-game X-Fi settings to ultra-max.

I have start play BF2 again after a year break, can never decide if I like or hate it but yesterday night I had quit much fun.

But I have a problem since loaded patch end with .40, the game suddenly crash and in a second the game is terminated and I am back in window, yesterday it happends regular on Karkand, but after I tried Midway I could stay there for over an hour and no crash so it seems be server related more then my hardware.

Think I have heard about a server crash bug on one of the many exissting patches…what patch should I use????

always go with the latest full if you have any doubts...

get them from EA link