Building your own case?

Well my plans keep changing on everything. The foam I am working with would be good but I have a lack of tooling options for it and is very hard to get a clean cut with. I also have yet to get the aluminum sheeting I need.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of foam? if it's some stuff with density there is a few ways to shape it, pick up some coleman fuel from your local walmart sporting good section (the compressed stuff not the liquid cans) and a head, heat up a hack saw blade and cut it. Use a rasp or similair file to shape it. Or u can just use a length of sturdy thin wire (test on a piece of scrap first)

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a place that could cut aluminum with a laser? I have been on google and found places that do so and accept cad designs and just want to see if anyone has used (or works for) one.

I am exploring all of my options right now, I am sorry for those of you that are used to seeing these build logs have updates every day with magnificent strides but this will be my first (good) mod and I want it to go right.