And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

just read the rules, and follow the one about sig sizes, and you will be ok

I won't have email for probably the entire week as I'm in the process of swapping out my "main rig" (which means my gaming + work + email rig) from the FX-60 + Crossfires to the Core2Duo + Crossfires ;)

weird thing...FEAR scores almost exactly the same @ 1440x900 w/Core2Duo @ 3Ghz and single X1900XT @ 690/790 as my FX-60 + single X1900XT @ 1600x1200 (both 4xAA/16xAF everything at maximum, soft shadows disabled)....

weird thing...FEAR scores almost exactly the same @ 1440x900 w/Core2Duo @ 3Ghz and single X1900XT @ 690/790 as my FX-60 + single X1900XT @ 1600x1200 (both 4xAA/16xAF everything at maximum, soft shadows disabled)....

1440x900 is gettin up there, and I don't think that FEAR is terribly cpu intensive anyways.

Bet it looked pretty on both. :)

Kind of off topic, bout my sig.

At first I couldnt figure out why the site (or you?) were changing my sig. The first time it was the size (too big by 2px on the vertical). The second time I couldnt figure it out for the longest time... it was within the filesize limit (it said 38kb when it was sitting on my desktop) and within the picture size limit (600x190)... turns out, after it was uploaded, it was 60kb. My bad... :(

I just wanted to make sure.. its ok to have the picture size be smaller than 650x200, right? Also, does the file type matter? I couldnt get a jpeg of the image under 50kb, so its a .gif right now.

well finally my phase unit is finished, I'm going down to pick this up on the weekend. It's tuned to 150w, so just around Conroe load or so.....

should be interesting to see what conroe can do under phase.....

img0414qm1.th.jpg

img0421qf7.th.jpg

img0420dp4.th.jpg

I Wanted something that'd look nice and perform well too, it seems I got my wishes. Decided to run with a real quiet Danfoss, and run straight r507. The other option was to run a blend of gases however that would have required a larger noisier compressor....

I can get 3.84 or so stable on water, I run 3.78 24/7 at 1.53 vcore, so I'm hoping I get around 4.3 stable when this unit comes....

regards

Raja

Guest Neezer
Got her finished up...

400 X 9 OCDB entry

Off to improve my cooling so I can abuse her some more :P

I noticed that you are using ddr2 1000. Is that what you would recommend for building a new conroe system, or would a slower ram like ddr2 800 be okay?