And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is off topic, but if you got snow you ought to be happy. Over here the weather has gone totally mayhem and instead of snow the temperature is still around 10 C. We even had to hurry butchering that moose we got (it's hunting season now); usually it's chilly enough to let it hang and get tender. Something is very messed up!

I know this is off topic, but if you got snow you ought to be happy. Over here the weather has gone totally mayhem and instead of snow the temperature is still around 10 C. We even had to hurry butchering that moose we got (it's hunting season now); usually it's chilly enough to let it hang and get tender. Something is very messed up!

The Earth is getting ready to tip on it's axis! Everybody hold on!!

I'd post a full blown OCDB but forgot to set the clock in bios (could have sworn I did though)....bet you didn't know these bad boys were available back in '03 :) Oh well, I'm not done yet so no biggy. Having alot of fun with this combo...what a hoot to watch Aquamark3 just blow by in a wicked frenzy and scores approaching 200k...good stuff.

Orthos is still running in this shot so you can see load temps...Idle is down in the 30's but she almost doubles in temp under load...

391x9orthoscpuzeverestno3.th.gif

I'd post a full blown OCDB but forgot to set the clock in bios (could have sworn I did though)....bet you didn't know these bad boys were available back in '03 :) Oh well, I'm not done yet so no biggy. Having alot of fun with this combo...what a hoot to watch Aquamark3 just blow by in a wicked frenzy and scores approaching 200k...good stuff.

Orthos is still running in this shot so you can see load temps...Idle is down in the 30's but she almost doubles in temp under load...

391x9orthoscpuzeverestno3.th.gif

Lookin great man! Wish I could get my ram to run stable at that speed, hell mine's even rated for it and they won't.

What cooling/bios are you using?

Once I got the OS installed I went straight for the 9/13 bios...Cooling is Freezone CPU chiller. Did a great job on my Opty with 1.64v at 3ghz maxing at 42c under load. Right now it's idling at 32c with 1.475v on this puppy so I don't know...guess these things just really generate alot of heat when pushed...

Any idea what the operating temp range is on a Conroe? I can't find anything meaningful on the intel site...

up to 75C @ full load fully overclocked ;)

When you gonna put that bad boy under water and crossfired Angry? SLI is working perfectly for me and the numbers are unreal. Gonna have to buy an SLI bridge once my Expert is gone...

Gotta load up Oblivion and see how this dual core/hacked SLI fares compared to my single Opty.

When you gonna put that bad boy under water and crossfired Angry? SLI is working perfectly for me and the numbers are unreal. Gonna have to buy an SLI bridge once my Expert is gone...

Gotta load up Oblivion and see how this dual core/hacked SLI fares compared to my single Opty.

like the rapervanman says, it IS under water, and still will hit 75C under full load @ 3500Mhz+

you got SLI to work on the 975X Infinity board?

Please explain to us how you managed to do that...a lot of people who have/want SLI would be interested to know SLI works on the 975X board...

Crossfire testing is coming sometime soon hoepfully...I have to get my second card in the 975 and get it all changed over to my main CM Stacker box ;)