And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which WC are you on now?

What would you say is the max OC with "reasonable" air?

Thanks,

Dave

i would say the max OC with 'reasonable' air like the Thermalright SI-120 would be around 3.2-3.4Ghz (closer to 3.2Ghz, but a lot of factors involved like where you live, how good your cooling is, etc)

in about 20 minutes I am going to drop the 3600Mhz (400x9) in the Overclocking Database...(still working on a single radiator + TDX block)

I am manging quite well at 380x9 (3.4~) on air. Even at 3.2 the chip is screamin fast, so all you air overclockers should be quite pleased with your chips. :)

Travis, I'm pricing some DD/HWL gear, I'm about an inch away from taking your advice. Hard to get this stuff in canada, but it seems that http://www.directcanada.com/ has the best CDN prices I've found.. :)

I am manging quite well at 380x9 (3.4~) on air. Even at 3.2 the chip is screamin fast, so all you air overclockers should be quite pleased with your chips. :)

Travis, I'm pricing some DD/HWL gear, I'm about an inch away from taking your advice. Hard to get this stuff in canada, but it seems that http://www.directcanada.com/ has the best CDN prices I've found.. :)

contact CPU Killer at this forum and ask him...he's the DangerDen guy and he won't steer you wrong. Tell him that Angry_Games sent ya to talk to him ;)

Hello AG,

It seems when you have something to say, you have something to say. Well thats ok. My E6600 is on the way. I have had a P5B Wifi sitting here for about a month now. I am really hoping that DFI comes out with something that blows it away. My former Ultra D and current Expert MB sold me on DFI. I think the engineers at DFI have done an excellent job. I guess I probably fall into one of those Catagories above. I am not really a Gamer, but I just love to overclock and I learn constantly from others. If I have too many computers and not enough time or money.

I think you know from our last little exchange that I do not kiss up to anyone, but you are very right in what you have said here. I appreciate the comments you have made.

Jason