And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very good read! great info. the only question i have that you didnt cover in your writeup is how did the temps hold up with that OC using the thermalright?

temps never broke 60C up to 3Ghz

NB temps with teh HR-05 Thermalright never broke 48C

I'm right now busting up 3.25Ghz still on air, but I think I'm gonna have to hit the watercooling as these little dudes just bust up the heat, and as good as the SI-120 is, it just can't cope with the heat beyond a certain point with these cpu's.

I think a lot of us would like to know how far RGone can push the chip, just because he will. I have no chance of getting one at the moment, but I'm sure that will also be a good read.

yep, everyone wants to know how far Rgone will get because the difference between Angry's overclock and Rgone's overclock usually = everyone in this forum's overclock

;)

it's a good math equation!

These C2D's run so freakin hot when you start to get into them.. water cooling is so expensive, I'd rather buy more cpu's hehehehe - I think i' am gonna try a cement drying fan this winter and some cold air intake :)

These C2D's run so freakin hot when you start to get into them.. water cooling is so expensive, I'd rather buy more cpu's hehehehe - I think i' am gonna try a cement drying fan this winter and some cold air intake :)

lol just get watercooling

I'm having trouble getting it to prime @ 3.25Ghz (doesn't fail, just locks hard)

but I am starting to think it is the heat doing it

I've no doubt that on water these things can do 70C all day long (got some info from the inside...), but not on air...air just cannot pull the heat away fast enough.

You might get only slightly better temps on water, but water cools much more efficiently than aircooling can

well, looking behind me, the monitor kicked off, so that can only mean that the thing is still dual-priming away (now that I've replaced the Buffalo Firestix with some OCZ Gold GX 2GB 5-6-6-15 that have hit DDR2-1160Mhz for me on the NF590 and Infinity Ultra II-M2).

If Orthos (SP2004 for dual-cores) fails, it will beep at me...and if it hard locked, the monitor would be still showing the desktop, frozen in agony hehe

well just hit the mouse and it's showing 68-69C during heavy paging, then dropping back to about 65C-67C

I have a feeling to get some 3400Mhz goodness will require a nice fat copper DangerDen TDX block ;)

Angry is there anything on the horizon, as far as Conroe is concern? Like Full Lanparty MB designed for Core 2 Duo in the assembly line?

I was going to upgrade for X2 4800 but I'm willing to wait.

I don't have exact details, but from what I just asked Jacky, it will be the Lanparty 975X/E made by the illustrious Oskar Wu ;)

ps: 3225Mhz @ 74C on Thermalright SI-120 air cooling lol...got to keep it cool!

I don't have exact details, but from what I just asked Jacky, it will be the Lanparty 975X/E made by the illustrious Oskar Wu ;)

ps: 3225Mhz @ 74C on Thermalright SI-120 air cooling lol...got to keep it cool!

Thank's Angry and thank"s to your cohort the Dr. It's a great read. And it's good to know

Oskar is busy at work. I shake my head in many directions over the thought of this intel chip.

Being still so new to building, modding and OC'ing. I still struggle with good solid OC'ing with AMD chips, so the idea of a intel chip causes flashbacks of reading guides and post here and other forums hours upon hours day after day till my eyes felt like gushing geyser of blood!

Guess I'm not quite sure I'm up to the task of doing it all over again. On the other hand reading your post could be the catalyst of another new adventure. (Still shaking head)