And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops, ok...I made a mistake

the OC Database entry mistakenly said OCZ Gold GX 2GB PC2-8000 when that is not the case (a look at my CPU-Z screens show this!)

The memory is the same Buffalo Firestix PC2-8000 that I used in the Stock Speed DB entry

I changed it, and now I'll be adding a 3.2Ghz overclock with teh OCZ stuff, but using the DDR400 divider as I could not get it stable at the DDR667 divider.

Right now I am going to leave everything as-is and just try with the DDR533 divider ;)

ps, here's the cpu:

c2d_cpu_stepping.jpg

Can you clear up some mystery for us as far as Super Pi goes... like 1M and 32M runs...

Havent seen any runs yet but keep hearing those rumors...you know as compared to the X2 you based this against....Thanks...

Can you clear up some mystery for us as far as Super Pi goes... like 1M and 32M runs...

Havent seen any runs yet but keep hearing those rumors...you know as compared to the X2 you based this against....Thanks...

super pi means zilch in the real world, which is why I refuse to even run it as some kind of 'performance test'

real world tests will be some Half Life 2, FEAR, Unreal Tournament 2004, dvd ripping, etc

getting to that after i get some clocking done

couldn't get it to do more than 3 hours of dual prime @ 3500Mhz, but with the 7/31 bios which wouldnt boot on the 533 divider

flashed to an internal bios and now busting up 3429Mhz on the 533

more as it happens

Is all I can say is wow....my 7900GTs get about 14300 for 3dmark05...and one card and this CPU gets nearly 13000, thats one heck of a cpu...

the more I fool with the cpu, more I get angry that the hype is pretty close to reality and Intel wouldn't give us a cpu lol grrrrr

I'm going to do some Crossfire X1900XT testing on it near the end of this coming week and i'm probably going to . myself at the scores it can produce

It will be interesting to see the performance with actual games/apps. Looking at the 3dMark05/06 scores there doesn't seem to be much of a performance increase with the Core2Duo compared to what we are using now as long as the GPU is the bottleneck.