Does your house look like a tornado hit it when you mess around with y

Daddyjaxx

87 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes: Is there any other way?
    • No: Everything has its place
    • My place is always messy.

If it just was up to me I would probably say yes, at least to a certain degree, or more correct: at times while I'm working with a project or building a router or something. I like the mess while working, because it feels like I know perfectly well where to find anything I need; a kind of organized mess. However I can’t stand permanently messy working space.

But, but... I'm married and my wife loves to have a clean and neat living space, so my possible mess has its limits. The final answer will therefore be: no (but she has promised me a private messy working space when we move to another apartment or house).

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My place is always a wreck. I live with two other guys, all of us are scooter people. The garage is the worst, but only because Goof (our landlord) has something like 10 bikes that don't work. So getting outside to cut a blowhole or do other modding is serious business that usually takes some cleaning and leaves another mess.

My home office is always in complete chaos. Moving to a new place in a few weeks that has a nice little workshop area in the basement, so the office in the new place will hopefully be much cleaner. Who am I kidding? The new office will probably be just as messy/chaotic as it is now :D

I usually working on my rig in de livingroom, the only place where i have plenty room to work

The parts are everywhere around on the table and the chairs. :eek:

So it's a bit messy but also everything has it's place.

A little cleaning and the room is clean again. :)

I have alot of boxes and crap all over the place, motherboards, hard disks, in-the-works customer projects (I pay my rent mostly removing spyware these days lol) and partial builds. I have a dedicated desk for caseless testing. There are old CRT's coming out of the woodwork and shipping boxes piled to the ceiling. I love my apt! :)

edit: I can spell but my typing needs work. :P

My kids call me a neat freak (they have some grounds for giving me this label) and I call them messy slobs so I answered with an emphatic "no". With a couple of kids and two cats in the house, I can ill afford to leave bits around for fear of breakage. Normally, I work my parts out of a box and use the downstairs table (study/TV room) as a work bench. Add this to the fact that I normally upgrade in "stealth mode" (when nobody is home) so nobody is the wiser to my sometimes crazy spending :D and have everything packed up and tidy before they are home.

Now under my house is a different story ;) I'm simply amazed at how much stuff (computer related) I have accumulated over the years. I could probably open a small store with the bits I have hiding in there.

Guest Timmay

When I upgrade there is alot of stuff on the floor but it is placed so I know where it is... I don't sort of just throw it on the ground and then have to franticly look for it.