pwmic high

hi bozs and girls,me again... :) i bought yesterday zalman 9500 and then i OC-ed my rig on 2.8ghz.BUT when i ran prime 95 i noticed that mz proc temp and chipset temp is ok but this PWMIC(or something) is too high...above 50 degrees.can u tell me what is the problem and how can i solve this? this is my OC stats.ty in advance

FSB 312

HTT 3

cant remember memory divider but it's on 140mhz

MULTIPLIER 9X

CPU VID 1.450

SPECIAL CPU VID 110

Your readings will depend a lot on how much air is passing over the 3 PWMIC MOSFETS and the sensor. That's why most of the guys are recommending an additional fan on them.

Just primed at 2800MHz (out of box in a 77 degree room) and my PWMIC temp hit 62.

Aimed a small fan at the area and temps dropped to 54.

I'd be a little concerned about that Codegen 480 PSU and possible voltage fluctuations causing the higher PWM temps.

Hardware and clocks in my sig. PWMIC hits 59-60C after extended dual Prime stressing. A backwoods heatsink job and a 120mm fan blowing directly at the PWMIC mosfets and memory.

I've seen the technical white sheet on the PWMIC's that DFI use and they are rated for a peak temperature of 120C. Lower is always better, but you aren't in any danger territory at 60C.

I wouldn't worry unless the temps broke 70, then just throw a fan over it...

there should probably be a temperature sticky, everyone asks about this at first (including myself) there's probably a pwmic temp question 5 times a week

tnx for ur replies...i've put 120mm cooler to blow in chipset...now temp. r ok but i can't hit right voltage for my OC....after 45 min of prime i get msg something like rounding should be 0.4 but it was 0.5...something like that.i was worried bout temperature cuz i'm using that IT prougram form DFI cd for measuring temps,and that PWMIC temp went in red so i thought that's BAD